Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Lynch's guitar clinic? Worth it or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch's guitar clinic? Worth it or not?

Just asking, GL will be in town for a guitar clinic mid-october. I'm wondering if it's worth it or not to go see him?

I've been listening a lot to T&N lately.

Let me know what you think.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I would go and video it for the rest of us.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I met him and jammed at a clinic in Anchorage, AK. He's a great player and a nice guy. It was a good time and I absolutely recommend it if you're a fan of Mr Scary.

Comment

I would go just to ask him a few questions about technique and gear. I am more than certain it would be worth while to see him in a clinic setting. His tone on back for the attack was fucking awesome. I love his playing personally.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          I would go and video it for the rest of us.
          +1
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I would go for it! George is awesome!
            Never give up on your dreams!

Comment

Ok, I'll try to go. Don't know if I'll be able to make a video out of it but will try.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Ok, I'll try to go. Don't know if I'll be able to make a video out of it but will try.
                Just use your smart phone to record it if you go. That's the easiest way to get video now days.

Comment

George was a huge influence on me ..in my main formative years. The ones that count. I stole the shit outta of his baggery of Lynchisms.. That whole slippery..fast ..vibrato...tappin'...squealing..all that shit. Listen to his old stuff often and discovered I stole more than I realize. But both of us with age. well...sometimes our hands, and nads try to keeps up with our brains. George has that quite often for a very long time. Saw him 6 times with Dokken from 84'-95..he was on!!! Then poof. somethin' happened, and he wears that glove. Jake E Lee same fuggin' thing...boom...da glove. but he wore gloves back then. I saw George about 10 years ago. I had to leave. Because ..it wasn't good to watch, hear see. It was bad...very very bad. Maybe it was a bad night...no, that's not it.

When Eddie and George is on..it's big time. When they're off..it also big time.

But with that said..they wrote the books. They wrote all that shit I still love and try to play myself. So I'll leave george in those memories. On all good notes. But they must continue doing what they do, because that is who they are. I understand this. If he's on his game ..it is a sight to behold.

I've heard that George stabbed his scrotum 40+ times with a hypo needle loaded with X-tra chunky Skippy peanut butter, Then became rapper like Joaquin Phoenix. Don told me this shit.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    I've heard that George stabbed his scrotum 40+ times with a hypo needle loaded with X-tra chunky Skippy peanut butter, Then became rapper like Joaquin Phoenix. Don told me this shit.
                    True story Horns, we remember that period when he was under the pseudonym "Vanilla Ice"
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I saw him at a clinic here a few years back. It was one of the coolest things I ever saw. Great guy. He was a little stiff in the begingin, but warmed up later and he was very nice. Go. You wont regret it
                      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

My adopted metalhead attended the Lynch clinic @ Matts Music....said it was "soooo cool" !!

Comment

I would definitely go. Hell, I would go to almost any clinic with a guitarist as cool as George Lynch. Maybe he's not at the top of his game now, but he did make some kick ass music in his hey day.
                          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

He did a new take on "Wicked Sensation". Slightly different but sounded cool. No match for the original. That was a kick ass album. Heard "River Of Love" today on Sirius. Good tune. One of his easier solos.
                            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

While we're on the subject his solo's on Back for the attack are insane. Heaven sent is awesome and just about every solo on that record rules as well.
                              Last edited by leftykingv2; 09-27-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X