X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 shredders in one solo

This is pretty crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYJNKSbW9o

Its videos like that that make me want to destroy my guitars and wish I had never taken up the hobby. I suck.

But really who cares if I suck - I play for myself and I have fun.

Comment

Videos like this should inspire us, it shows that it can be done (but only if you are a freak with all the time in the world).

Comment

Bit of advice guys. Do what makes you happy as a player and you never lose out. As long as you have a Jackson and you can rock out to your favorite music with a cold brew and some good friends then things can never be that bad. Force is right about it being inspirational as well. When I see someone doing something cool or different I try to learn and take what I can from it and integrate it into my playing.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I love this guy! (And hate him too! )

His Jason Becker and Mustaine are spot on!
          Last edited by shramiac; 09-15-2013, 03:21 AM.
          www.vvforums.com

Comment

Great right hand and I envy his long skinny fingers.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice, I listened last night and then went and played... Very inspiring, the best thing for that(at least for me) is getting out and seeing live music. Thanks for sharing!!!
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I have to admit I did hate him for just a bit

I also have long skinny fingers but for some reason they don't work nearly as well as his!

Now off to practice...

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                  Its videos like that that make me want to destroy my guitars and wish I had never taken up the hobby. I suck.

But really who cares if I suck - I play for myself and I have fun.
                  You just gave up playing guitar and then encouraged yourself to keep going in one quick post. Nice recovery!

That video was great. He nailed the different styles.
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Wow!!! That was freakin' cool!!! I'm quiting my job tomorow and woodshedding for the next 20 years... lol ciao everyone...
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

If you work hard for four or five year you can do that easily. I teach for a living and I have students with about the same experience and they can play that. I have one kid who's 9 years old who can play Cliffs of Dover spot on.
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Crazy cool....but he forgot to turn on the wah for Kirks style....sad but wah!!

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                          If you work hard for four or five year you can do that easily. I teach for a living and I have students with about the same experience and they can play that. I have one kid who's 9 years old who can play Cliffs of Dover spot on.
                          Some of that depends on one's natural abilities or talents, as well. I teach for a living and while we as teachers are trained to factor in effort and quantifiable progress as part of the assessment process, there's no getting around the fact that some people are just more talented than others and advance faster... and sometimes further.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                            Some of that depends on one's natural abilities or talents, as well. I teach for a living and while we as teachers are trained to factor in effort and quantifiable progress as part of the assessment process, there's no getting around the fact that some people are just more talented than others and advance faster... and sometimes further.
                            Sports Illustrated recently ran an article about what makes the best athletes so great . . . natural ability or practice. It started with the question of why great hitters like Albert Pujols and Barry Bonds could hit anything a major league pitcher thew at them, but absolutely could not touch softball pitcher Jennie Finch. They found that natural talent may not be as common as we think, and that practice and experience may allow any of us to be great. What came out of it is the 10,000 hour rule. Put in 10,000 hours practicing the skill and you will be at the top of heap. A very interesting read, actually, and some of the studies were done with musicians. If I can find it online I'll post a link . . .

Comment

This is the article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...-gene-excerpt/

It's an excerpt from the book "The Sports Gene" by David Epstein.

Comment

Working...
                              X