Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some sweet chops, I wasn't sure where to share this ~ BUT listen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some sweet chops, I wasn't sure where to share this ~ BUT listen!!!

Um, yeah - this cat can play!!!!!

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Not into elevator music and i HATE headless guitars with a passion. But yeah, good chops i guess.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Seen this before......& still blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
        Um, yeah - this cat can play!!!!!
        Eh, sounds like generic fusion to me, but he does shred.

Betcha he loves MVP...

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Having been the rock guy who stood out like a sore thumb at a jazz school, I respect anyone who can improvise over key changes. Chops are one thing, but what is inside the head is a whole other game.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen this guy before, and hes really good but hes lacking something (besides a headstock) and I can't figure out what.

Hes got the chops but it just leaves me....like Its bland? like theres no seasoning? Something....

EDIT: Or maybe its just the music he's playing over...I'm really not sure...
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Soul?

Comment

Blues rock chatter.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Boring fusion is boring
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My 82 year old mother-in-law, in all her wonderment..who loves chex mix, bingo, and..aaaahhhh fuggit. This is Kenny G shit!

I hate players like this. paint by the numbers, ...playing it too safe to be sound unsafe.

He would rule on the weather channel or over a Ron Jeremy movie called "Enter The Granny".

I liked this ..sorta ..30 years ago when it was better and new.

Making music is ..with that said.. He Blows!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I couldn't watch it all. almost put me to sleep. his guitar is ugly as hell too. sorry

Comment

Here's a much more useful video from him:

Comment

great player but no dynamics to the music, not a whole hell of alot of feel going on there either.
                          I love fusion but it's got to be in the vein of the old Gambale stuff or the Greg Howe/Richie Kotzen "Tilt"/"Project"
                          where the music behind them is actually smoking too not just backing tracks to show us how good they are
                          This older stuff had more balls to it

or

or this

good fusion isn't just about the soloist, the rest of the band needs to be kicking it too
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Regarding the Bryan Aspey video.....Robotic, boring, forgettable.. I could go on and on. He sounds like the generic Berkeley School of Music player. He playes everything perfect, he knows every note he is playing, he knows all the theory on what he is playing and how it relates to his shapes, scales, patterns, key changes etc... The only thing he doesn't know is how boring, stiff and forgettable it sounds.
                            My brain instantly erases any and all players that sound like that.

Big yuck. I am so blessed not to sound like that.
                            Last edited by jgcable; 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I wonder what he won first place in? My guess is.. AND THE MOST BORING PLAYER IS.....
                              He even looks bored. Heck... his guitar even looks bored. So bored in fact that the headstock snapped itself off and left the building.

Comment

Working...
                              X