No announcement yet.

Anyone been to see Maiden this tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Janick the player - he seems like a nice guy, but every time he solos live it's a clusterfuck, and his studio stuff ain't much better. And it drives me crazy when he plays Adrian's solos when Adrian is standing 30 feet to his right. Still, that's a band thing and I'm sure if Adrian was bothered, he'd be playing his solos. Plus, Janick does bring some of the better songs nowadays though.

We saw them in Vancouver on Sunday night. Was a great show in terms of staging and performance! I've seen the last 3 tours (plus a bunch of others) and I have to say, I've never been blown away with the sound quality. 3 guitars must be tough to mix, but on Sunday, the only solos I could really hear were Dave's. I think Adrian's effect levels are too high, so the sound isn't clear enough to cut through, plus overall the drums and bass were too loud.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

1 name comes to mind with regards to Maiden improving in the studio...............ANDY SNEAP.

For starters, the Blaze albums he produced were insane & then there's the last 2 Accept albums, outstanding.

I don't see why Maiden can't have a more modern production.

Comment

Working...
      X