Blues jam? Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues jam? Maybe

I'm NOT a blues player. Sure, I play some blues riffs but I can't play blues to save my life. I recently bought a cheap strat
    so I thought I would try blues. (cliche? sure.) OK, I really don't even fuckin know if its blues cause I don't listen to it or try n play it,
    but the COOL thing is, I managed to NOT sound like myself during this jam (thats not always easy). 2nd take, several rough areas. but
    few moments I liked....have a listen if you have 5.

Maybe someone who plays blues can tell me if this resembles it in some strange way....

http://soundcloud.com/dvscool/blues-jam
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

That's a waaaaaayyyy better attempt at blues than I could ever do. My kid kicks my ass at blues.

Wow even when you kicked into overdrive it still sounds restrainded. OK towards the end ..tapping, and such. Ohhhhh the VERY end kinda sounds like me...just the end. I would start like that and go from there..hahhaa

My dad would like this...he thinks I play noise.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

fuck I forgot about the tapping. Its the closest to blues Im ever gonna get.

Its about the most retrained I'm ever gonna be. it sounds NOTHING like me...

Comment

You should put this in the MP3 section...
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm not a blues fan but strats do get some nice blues tones. I guess I'm too white...and proud of it!

Comment

Awesome job! Loved it. You are very good player with some tasty tone in that track.

Rock on!!!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Hey thanks. Honestly, I can't play blues but I think my 2012 goal is going to be inject some of that into my playing. hmm...Shred blues.

Im going to post something else at some point. How I actually sound.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                You should put this in the MP3 section...
                Your right. I should have....missed the MP3 section...it happens with age..:think:

Comment

Working...
                X