No announcement yet.

Scott Ian Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually loved Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442 with John Bush, but I then stopped listening to them after that, and I'm not really sure why.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
      +1 on Worship Music. I basically stopped listening to Anthrax when they split with Joey and I feel like the new album works as a great follow up to Persistence of Time. I just pretend the other stuff never happened
      I thought it was Warship, not Worship?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I actually loved Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442 with John Bush, but I then stopped listening to them after that, and I'm not really sure why.
        I thought Stomp 442 and Volume 8 were both great albums. Both Joey and John are great singers and Joey sounds great on Worship but man I really think John would have sounded awsome too. To me Joey kinda sounds like John on Worship Music. Damn cocain is a hell of a drug.
        Last edited by rattlehead74; 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

The lost me after Persistence, I came back for WCFYA, they lost me again, then I came back for Worship. I think Worship is their best album!

Comment

I bought his beard!~!!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by rattlehead74 View Post
              I thought Stomp 442 and Volume 8 were both great albums. Both Joey and John are great singers and Joey sounds great on Worship but man I really think John would have sounded awsome too. To me Joey kinda sounds like John on Worship Music. Damn cocain is a hell of a drug.
              I think John would have sounded great on Worship Music, too. When I saw some early Big Four show on VH1 Classics, they only showed one Anthrax tune, Caught In A Mosh, and I thought Joey's voice sounded like crap. I was very surprised to see how good he sounded when I saw them live! I was mainly going to see Testament, and got a big treat when they had Gene Hoglan playing at that show (John Tempesta filled in for Paul Bostaph for other shows on the tour). I'm not sure if I could pick Anthrax or Testament as being better that night. And Death Angel were also great.

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
                Oh man. I can finally rock out in Scott Ian's shorts while wearing his more than two decade old Adidas high tops to the Married With Children re-run, with the original script!

Sigged!
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Some cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rattlehead74 View Post
                    From what Scott said on That Metal Show the vocals were already recorded for Worship Music when they brought Joey back. So Joey had to rerecord everything. I think he probably somewhat followed the vocal melody that was already laid down.

To me Worship Music sounds kind of like Among The Living and Stomp 442 mashed together. It's a great album though. John Bush fits well in a metal band but Anthrax just isn't the same without Joeys vocals and I'm really glad he's back.
                    My Toys:
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                    '94 Dinky HX in Black
                    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                      From what Scott said on That Metal Show the vocals were already recorded for Worship Music when they brought Joey back. So Joey had to rerecord everything. I think he probably somewhat followed the vocal melody that was already laid down.

To me Worship Music sounds kind of like Among The Living and Stomp 442 mashed together. It's a great album though. John Bush fits well in a metal band but Anthrax just isn't the same without Joeys vocals and I'm really glad he's back.
                      Yes, the vocals were already done for Worship Music by Dan Nelson, but they got rid of him and then got Joey back.

Comment

Working...
                      X