Mike Orlando (Adrenaline Mob) New Charvel endorsee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Orlando (Adrenaline Mob) New Charvel endorsee

Sorry if this has already been posted. I searched and didn't find anything, but then again, I am getting old and lazy. Looks like he's using the Japanese San Dimas's and the Desolation series. Interesting. I'm really digging the Adrenaline Mob Record.

Here's the Mike Orlando Charvel vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLEkJNHaWtY

Here's AM Undaunted vid (obviously before the Charvel endorsement)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJkIy1IqBGc
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Damn.. Wild technique.. That guy has got to have the heaviest picking hand I have ever seen..
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
      Damn.. Wild technique.. That guy has got to have the heaviest picking hand I have ever seen..
      No shit! he tapes the treble side of the pickups so the strings won't get stuck under the top of the bobbin. Pretty wild technique.

Comment

Russ Allen is sick as well
        Hey Jimbo! beers soon bud!

Comment

I have a hard time wrapping my head around what his left hand is doing. It's like he locks down the root with his index and then slaps his fingers down for the notes. It looks very herky jerky even though it sounds normal.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            I have a hard time wrapping my head around what his left hand is doing. It's like he locks down the root with his index and then slaps his fingers down for the notes. It looks very herky jerky even though it sounds normal.
            That's what i meant when I said wild technique.. It's like the fingers sit still and the wrist is doing all the work..
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Checked some of his vid's on Youtube , dudes playing is insane!
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

There's something about the timing and phrasing he uses. I've never thought about phrasing runs in that sense. He's fast, but the thing for me is, he's almost playing like a drummer. Not in a percussive sense, but in a timing sense. The more I listen to this album, the more I like it. I actually didn't like The vocals much when I first heard it, but its growing on me.

Comment

Wow, that's really refreshing to see. Someone approaching guitar playing from a different angle all together. I love it, thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks for posting that. Hadn't heard of them. Ordering cd now.

Comment

Damn! This guy is good. Really digs into the notes but still maintains finesse. It's quite refreshing to see someone with their own take on playing the electric guitar.

I knew of Adrenaline Mob but didn't really pay attention as I figured it was just another Mike Portnoy project. Will have the check them out. Haven't heard Allen sing that aggressively before - I like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X