No announcement yet.

Sleigh Bells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=geneticweapon;1498895]i was trying to see if this dork from sleigh bells was being sponsored by jackson, he's listed on the jackson website as someone who uses their guitars, but he's just buying them himself. Here's an excerpt from an interview with them that's pretty funny.

derek e. Miller: i wasn't really honest with myself about embracing what i'm really into it, until about halfway through the treats tour. I bought a jackson guitar—one of those shred guitars associated with teenage metal heads. It's not a very cool or authentic guitar. But it was a tipping point. I grew up playing hardcore and metal, that's my bedrock—what i stand on. But i was so afraid of not being able to escape it that when sleigh bells started i was hesitant to embrace that aesthetic—you know, walls of marshall amps, jackson guitars, and everything you would associate with a hardcore metal band. I remember showing alexis the jackson and telling her i was going to start playing it, and she was like, "are you serious? Okay, fuck it! Go for it!"

alexis krauss: for a while, derek felt he had to prove something. Now he can play his jackson and love slayer and at the same time love cyndi lauper.

why?
    Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
    LTD EC401VF
    Gibby Les Paul
    Ibanez RG220D O Natural
    Fender Parts Caster
    Oranger Tiny Terror Head
    2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
    TU2 Tuner
    Dunlop Cantrell Wah
    Fulltone 70's Fuzz
    Fulltone Distortion Pro1
    Fulltone Mosfet 2
    Fulltone OCD OD
    Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

sleigh bells suck. end of story.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X