• Show
Clear All

• George Lynch- Shadowtrain

Some cool licks a flying from George

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIl6...eature=related

I liked it
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

More music, less talking while sounding like you've had one too many hits of peyote and now want to be called "rainbow warrior".
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well..that sucked. But I wasn't expecting much anywhoo..

At least Eddie is playing great. He's no longer breaking any new ground but he's kickin' ass on the grounds he broke.

But why watch listen to this when there's tons of better players out there..that inspire me to be better.

I'm done with this guy...even his best stuff sounds dated and lame to me.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Well..that sucked. But I wasn't expecting much anywhoo..

At least Eddie is playing great. He's no longer breaking any new ground but he's kickin' ass on the grounds he broke.

But why watch listen to this when there's tons of better players out there..that inspire me to be better.

I'm done with this guy...even his best stuff sounds dated and lame to me.
          Agreed. Watching the video was kinda sad. I was expecting him to play somewhere near the level he used to... and he did that, and it was disappointing.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Agreed. Watching the video was kinda sad. I was expecting him to play somewhere near the level he used to... and he did that, and it was disappointing.
            George Lynch reminds me of a early 90's video game. It was cool and great then...but it's just lame now.

Many Players aged well Gilbert, Tony Mac, Uli, Yngwie, Akira, LeTekro, LaRouque, Wead, Gillis, Goldy, Warren, The late Gary Moore, Vinnie Moore, Schenker, ..fuck even Iommi, Blackmoor..ect. I never thought Ed would recover, I had my hope, and damn he did...But..

George Lynch and Jake E Lee should start a new project called Old Sloppy Puss..or somethin' .

Fuck, Jason Becker writes waaaaaayyyyyy better shit than George Lynch..with his eyes and balls!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OH, Both George Lynch and Jake E Lee wore gloves to suck..coincedence? I think nay!

Maybe they should do "Smoke This II" with Durst on vox...he should be available.

Comment

Lynch reminds me of John McCain. Once great, now WTF. STFU and GTFO!

Comment

I find it ironic ..the best guitarist of Dio's all 'STARS' jam became the worst..including Twisted Sister's Eddie Odjeeba..

Seen Lynch live 6 times in his heyday and he just ozzed fire, and smoothness. I walked out on him 10 years ago when he oozed disjointed slop...and got worse since.

Everytime he brainfarts (often) he does his annoying "go to" pick double tapping shit. Sounding like a deaf bee with a wounded knee.

Comment

George is a mixed bag for me. He's one of my favorite guitarists, and his work truly was one of the things that made me wanna play...but around the mid-90's things started going wrong. A bad divorce led to bodybuilding (and steroid abuse) and an attempt to "diversify" his playing (in the direction of trying to copy the 90's tuned down bland BS sound), which watered down the elements that made him truly recognizable.

He's kinda come to his senses, but he's never reached his peak again. That energy he had from 84-95 where he'd just effortlessly come up with unorthodox passages that made your jaw drop is gone. Plus, for whatever reason, he seems to favor his neck pickup as opposed to his bridge (on guitars where he has both, at least) so his tone lacks that edge that it used to have. Plus, he switches his gear every 5 minutes only to go back to what he started with.

If he'd just focus on what made him great, he'd be fine, but he's all over the place and it doesn't always work for him. That being said, he still makes good music on occasion.

Comment

used to be a major influence. then I got to know him and learned about what kind of person he is. disappointment.

and in getting to know some of the people around him and people that have worked with him, the story is the same. interesting to see more and more people catching on to the facts.

Comment

Mind elaborating? George comes off as a "low tolerance for what he sees as BS, cut your nuts off if you annoy him" kind of guy, but a lot of times he seems fairly self-deprecating and humble. I think he's just a moody bastard, which working with Don Dokken who can blame the guy.

Comment

6 minutes and 37 seconds of my life I will never get back.....

Its so dated....theres 1000 people on this form alone that can pull those licks off...while eating pasta..and playing xbox

bah...
                          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                            Mind elaborating? George comes off as a "low tolerance for what he sees as BS, cut your nuts off if you annoy him" kind of guy, but a lot of times he seems fairly self-deprecating and humble. I think he's just a moody bastard, which working with Don Dokken who can blame the guy.
                            sorry, but it's a long series of stories and don't wanna get it to it all. he's not worth it. but I think he may have finally had enough restraining orders placed against him to get past the "cut your nuts off if..." phase. I can say that there's a very consistent thread among all the people I know that deal (or have dealt) with him personally or professionally, and it's not a pretty picture of someone that was once within a gnat's hair of being at the same level as RR and EVH.

Comment

C'mon dude, you can't leave it at that. I mean, you can, but I've honestly never heard of this in everything I've read and seen before.

Comment

Working...
                              X