Jason Becker's NOT DEAD YET!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Becker's NOT DEAD YET!

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here yet. Pledge Music campaign to raise funds for Jason. Get yourself a copy of the concert CD, get it signed, get a tshirt, a guitar signed by Guthrie Govan, an Executive Producer credit on the CD. By pledging, you're helping to get the CD produced.

All goes towards helping Jason out with his medical expenses. It's a good thing.

The project only has 15 days left to reach its target, so pull your fingers out and pledge already!

"On November 13, 2011, a 6-hour guitar festival was held to honor Jason Becker, the incredible guitarist known for his extraordinary work with Cacophony, David Lee Roth and Marty Friedman, among others. Out of deep respect for Jason and love of his work, each guitarist featured at this tribute show waived their usual performance fees, playing that day simply to honor one of their contemporaries and source of great influence: Jason Becker, a modern day guitar great. All notes played that night were dedicated to the great Jason Becker in support of his struggle against the disease ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), which is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.
    Contributing artists who played for Jason include: Guthrie Govan, Stuart Hamm (Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Frank Gambale) , Michael Lee Firkins, Mattias Eklundh (Freak Kitchen), Marco Sfogli (James LaBrie Band), Kiko Loureiro (Angra), Daniele Gottardo, Stéphan Forté (Adagio), Andy James, Atma Anur and more…
    The live show was recorded on 24 tracks and now the tunes still need to be edited, mixed and mastered in the studio + design of the album needs to be made.
    We need your help to finish the production on this live album. With your pledge, you will be helping to ensure that this amazing recording of a legendary concert gets released as well as defraying the cost of Jason’s growing medical expenses"

http://www.pledgemusic.com/artists/notdeadyet
    Hail yesterday

Cool. A documentary movie about Jason is due out soon as well.

Comment

Just watched the preview on my new tablet on Cinetrailer. Looks pretty good. Release date states 11/16/2012 for UK. Says the trailer has been available since 08 30 2012. Who's gona catch this one?

Comment

Just watched the documentary last night. Definitely worth checking out!

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
          Just watched the documentary last night. Definitely worth checking out!
          Where did you watch it? Is it online or cable or theater?
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice, I'll be seeing it tonight in Portland!

Hellbat, as I understand it, it is available for DVD purchase or screening in small indie theaters.

Comment

Mine arrived the other day, haven't had a chance to watch much yet. I kicked in a few bucks when they were in fundraising mode so they sent me a copy.

Comment

The DVD is available at Amazon, Walmart, etc

Comment

Working...
                X