Vivian doing "Rainbow in the Dar" with Steel Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivian doing "Rainbow in the Dar" with Steel Panther

The guy can still shred !!! He smokes Phil Collen anyday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDTTiw6kD-g

I got tix to SP on April 12th, can't wait.

I like Viv's stuff, but I still think he's a major DBag for all the Dio trash talking

Comment

Viv is one of the people that made me want to play guitar, but he hasn't done anything that excites me since leaving Dio. He killed it on this though.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Dio ruled.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Dio did and still does rule. I loved Viv back then, but to hear him talk about Dio just ruined it for me. His playing was so badass back then, and all he does is talk shit about the music. And now he plays someone elses shit in DL.

Comment

How fuggen cool is that. Viv rocks.

Comment

That was cool as hell!

Comment

that was real cool - rock of ages sounded better than def leppard!! that singer is quite good, too. it was also nice to hear VC play his solo pretty much the same as the recorded version.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nailed it

Comment

This will be a naive question but.... are the guys from Steel Panther old guys from the 80's?
                    If so, I think they should come out with a musicians exercise video because they are pulling off the long hair and spandex 80's look pretty darn good! That sounds a little gay I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      that was real cool - rock of ages sounded better than def leppard!! that singer is quite good, too. it was also nice to hear VC play his solo pretty much the same as the recorded version.
                      I agree Mark. That was very cool. Did you see how he gestured the whammy bar dive on that other guitar players guitar? Viv didn't miss anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                        Dio did and still does rule. I loved Viv back then, but to hear him talk about Dio just ruined it for me. His playing was so badass back then, and all he does is talk shit about the music. And now he plays someone elses shit in DL.
                        I agree with that too. I thought he was great back then but when he started talking crap I got turned off. Funny, Jake E Lee did the same thing to Ozzy. How could any guitar player possibly not like those songs or like playing those legendary perfectly written guitar solos?

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          This will be a naive question but.... are the guys from Steel Panther old guys from the 80's?
                          If so, I think they should come out with a musicians exercise video because they are pulling off the long hair and spandex 80's look pretty darn good! That sounds a little gay I guess.
                          VH Trib ..The Atomic Punks. They were Dave's backing band when he toured/ co headlined with Sammy Hagar. We were asked to do it intially in '97...but my wife took ill, we had jobs and things fell by the wayside.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I believe Satchel is Russ Parrish. He played with Jeff Pilson in "War and Peace" and I think he was also in Halford's "Fight" - as well as the aforementioned "Atomic Pinks". He also taught at GIT and I think took Paul Gilbert's teaching position there.

Michael Starr played in a couple of lower listed LA bands. His main claim to fame was an appearance in the movie "RockStar". He was the guy in the singer's booth right before Marky Mark came in. He sang a very bad "Long Live Rock and Roll" version.

Yes...I have a limited life with a lot of worthless knowledge.

Comment

I agree with that too. I thought he was great back then but when he started talking crap I got turned off. Funny, Jake E Lee did the same thing to Ozzy. How could any guitar player possibly not like those songs or like playing those legendary perfectly written guitar solos?
                              It's obvious. The whole climate changed. You know, fancy guitar solos were no longer paying the bills..from '92 to about 2002..when kids srarted to like guitar again via Guitar Hero. Many players lost their chops, or totally fell off the planet. Many continued their dedicated hard work but it wasn't mainstream. So you had to buy/support their work per expensive Japanese imports, and smaller, various, domestic "metal" labels thru mail-order.

Yes, Russ Parrish of Fight is Satchel..
                              Last edited by horns666; 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X