Can't believe it's been 10 years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrmTrjwMYQw

Here's a good bio: http://www.metalunderground.com/news...m?newsid=74905

Click image for larger version

Name:	memorial2ChuckOrlando.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	2450484
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

This explains why I had such a bad day. Wore my Death shirt loud and proud.

R.I.P.

Comment

Didn't wear my shirt, but I did blast ITP in the car on the way to work.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

WOW? 10 years? Where has the time gone? Thanks for the memories Chuck! RIP
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I'm not a giant fan of his singing, but the guy was an amazing player. Crystal Mountain would probably be my favorite Death tune.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This band was always on my rotation, but haven’t had an opportunity to listen to them in some time til recently.
            I had a 5 hour drive over thanksgiving and made sure I ripped some Death before going on it. I listened to 5 albums consecutively from Spiritual Healing to The Sound of Perseverance. I also have his 1st 2, but I got into Death with Spiritual. Man, great stuff. It’s interesting to hear how his singing style changed thru the albums. I also listened to Control Denied, but as great as the musicianship is, it’d be far better as a Death record with Chuck singing.

Reading thru that bio, I didn’t know he succumbed from pneumonia. I thought it was more directly from the tumor itself.

Thanks for posting.
            R.I.P. Chuck
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

R.I.P Chuck. You are always in my weekly rotation.

Comment

NPR (of all outlets) has a nice online write up about Chuck with interviews from various metal artist's and their favorite Death Tracks. It's a good read, and the Decibel mag that is mentioned is a really good read too. A must have for Death fans...holler if you want some scans of that article.

I got into them late in his career, I bought Symbolic on a recommendation and really dug that album. That whole album is legit. RIP Chuck

Comment

Working...
                X