Top 10 Metal Bands of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Metal Bands of All Time

Rolling Stone had readers pick the top ten metal bands of all time. As with most lists, I think they got some right, missed some, and ordered them differently than I would have. But I would be more worried if I completely agreed with Rolling Stone about metal

But the first page shows old school Kirk from Metallica playing his Jackson, which is cool with me.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ph...-time-20111102

Fuck those stupid lists and fuck rolling stone and its readers.

The only reasonable list would be a list of the most influential artists made by persons who understand how anthropological research is done.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No Nirvana?
      But they are always in all the "Top Ten" lists!

Comment

surprise, surprise....metallicock is number 1. oh well, aside from DT @ number 2 and led zep on the list, it really isn't too bad for a rolling stone list.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Dream Theater at #2? Wow. They totally over-estimate DT's influence. ALL of the other bands on he list have had more influence than DT has.

Comment

I heard Anthrax are supposed to be #1
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

It says Dream Theater sent the voting link to all of their fans, so that pumped up their numbers a LOT.

Comment

The list is totally dependant on what degree of metal they are talking about. The term metal band is very subjective. After all.. Jethro Tull won it one year. They beat out Metallica.
                Black Sabbath should be number one I would think. Metallica should be in there. Iron Maiden and Judas Priest should be in there.
                Dio should be in it, Ozzy should be too.
                The above bands are the most popular and possibly influencial bands.
                I am not sure if Kiss is considered metal. Accept... yes... Anthrax and Megadeth.. yes.. but Kiss, not really.

Comment

Originally posted by endrik View Post
                  fuck those stupid lists and fuck rolling stone and its readers.

The only reasonable list would be a list of the most influential artists made by persons who understand how anthropological research is done.
                  qft.
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I notice music and guitar publications and such are going on about top (x) lists a lot recently. I guess because of the slow print turnaround times in the industry they have a hard time reporting 'news' because with the internet most people knew the news the day after it happened. And since there is no point providing objective product testing unless a manufacturer is throwing free gear at you to try, the magazines fill themselves up with subjective lists. One day people will get a clue and realize this shit is just pointless filler.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      I am not sure if Kiss is considered metal. Accept... yes... Anthrax and Megadeth.. yes.. but Kiss, not really.
                      Weren't Deep Purple and Led Zepplin considered 'Metal' once?

in a time when 3 channel amps, tonnes of gain and loudness wars hadn't shown up yet

isn't much of early Maiden or Priest considered "Heavy Rock" these days

Heh, Motorhead was seen as "Metal" while Lemmy stated many times it was "Just Rock 'n Roll"
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                        isn't much of early Maiden considered "Heavy Rock" these days

Only by cunts.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Its not the worst list Ive ever seen by any means. I love Zep, so I dont mind them being on there much.
                          Dream Theater are fucking shit though, they shouldnt be anywhere near that list.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

1. Nickelback
                            2. Creed
                            3. Winger
                            4. Warrant
                            5. Saigon Kick
                            6. Winger (they deserve to be on the list twice)
                            7. Bon Jovi
                            8. Britney Fox
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Who wants 'Z Bub to strat his own dedicated ongoing metal thread? That's how I was established in the first place...that and all things Satan.

But I'll keep my guy out of this theme. Because ironaically I ca't deny the many amazing chrsitian bands. So, it will be ALL things metal. Old, new and everything in between.

I was thinking of starting my own Blog, Platinum thread (not all friends are members), or just continue this on my thread @ Casa Del Fuggems..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X