Hoffman Brothers era Deicide fans. New Amon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoffman Brothers era Deicide fans. New Amon

For those who don't know, Deicide used to be called Amon in the early 80's. Brian Hoffman is a good friend of mine and we worked at Dean together. I've known about this project since it began. Brian Is an awesome guitar builder and hand built the guitars he and Eric are using in this video. The video was for sale on their site http://amon.mobi/amon/index.php for $1.99. Some may think that's being greedy, but the guys have regular jobs and paid for all the recording and the video themselves and I don't mind throwing them a couple of bucks to support them. Of course, now it's been uploaded to youtube. Check it out and check out the site too. I talked to Brian tonight and he doesn't mind if I share this here. BTW, Brian used the SL-2 he bought from me to record all his solos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKDMM3PpXk4

Yeah, seen this, was thinking about posting it. This track isn't my cup of tea but it pisses all over what Deicide has been doing the past decade or so. That's an awesome story you have there about Brian Hoffman, i didn't know he used to work at Dean. Pretty killer that he also built those badass guitars in the video himself as well.

EDIT: There an interview with his brother Eric on Youtube somewhere where he talks about Brian having designed the BC Rich Beast and that apparently they ripped him off. He also says something about them looking for endorsements and Jackson was an option but they were a bit reluctant since they were 'owned by somebody else' or something along those lines. Here it is:

Last edited by Devotee; 11-03-2011, 06:42 PM.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I'll certainly support Amon and buy their cd. It's pretty cool so far. But TSOR absolutely crushes this IMO!

Honestly, I can EASILY play this stuff. I can't touch Ralph Santolla (ex-Deicide), or Dave Suzuki of Vital Remains.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Like the music, hate the "shaky cam" BS! :P

Also, the lights in the sky 4:30 - 4:36 was really bitchin! Is this song about aliens as demons? (I couldn't quite make out the lyrics). If so, I like that theory!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Music is OK the vocals have me puzzled whats he saying?
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The lyrics are easy guys. He's stating the EXACT incantations of this demonic alien squid baby >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCbZ1...feature=fvwrel

It is believed to open a dimension to the old ones. But first the squid baby must used in an ancient ritual...by stuffing it with Doritos. Followed by Pepsi and Pop Rocks.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              I'll certainly support Amon and buy their cd. It's pretty cool so far. But TSOR absolutely crushes this IMO!

Honestly, I can EASILY play this stuff. I can't touch Ralph Santolla (ex-Deicide), or Dave Suzuki of Vital Remains.
              Ralph is still in Deicide, he played on their new one, To Hell With God, which is fucking awesome. If you liked TSOR you will like THWG.

The Amon video was okay, but I found myself being bored to hell about 3 minutes into it. Glen Benton did say everyone would see who the real songwriters in Deicide were when the Amon album came out, so I guess we're about to find out.
              I've liked TSOR and THWG better than anything Deicide have ever done before though, Ralph Santolla and Jack Owen are just much better guitar players.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                Glen Benton did say everyone would see who the real songwriters in Deicide were when the Amon album came out, so I guess we're about to find out.
                I've liked TSOR and THWG better than anything Deicide have ever done before though, Ralph Santolla and Jack Owen are just much better guitar players.
                The former is probably the reason why Deicide haven't released a good album since "Serpents of the Light".
                Their recent stuff with Ralph Santolla and Jack Owen doesn't even come close to the inhuman majestic unholy evil trinity that is the first three records. The last handful of Deicide albums are pretty generic and unremarkable and Santola's solos make Deicide sound like Arch Enemy. This band needs to just quit, i read a recent interview with Steve Asheim and when asked about whether he was excited about releasing a new album he answered something along the lines of "no, we've been fucked over so many times in this industry that nothing excites me anymore". Well you can just fuck right off then and leave it to bands who actually give a shit.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                  The former is probably the reason why Deicide haven't released a good album since "Serpents of the Light".
                  Their recent stuff with Ralph Santolla and Jack Owen doesn't even come close to the inhuman majestic unholy evil trinity that is the first three records. The last handful of Deicide albums are pretty generic and unremarkable and Santola's solos make Deicide sound like Arch Enemy. This band needs to just quit, i read a recent interview with Steve Asheim and when asked about whether he was excited about releasing a new album he answered something along the lines of "no, we've been fucked over so many times in this industry that nothing excites me anymore". Well you can just fuck right off then and leave it to bands who actually give a shit.
                  Well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Me, I think TSOR is one of the best death metal albums EVER, and the latest, THWG is almost as good. Yeah I like early Deicide too, I even loved their last album with the Hoffmanns, but Deicide are better now than they've ever been IMO.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

That's cool Plon,

Always been a fan of the Hoffman Bros. I'd love to sit down for a guitar lesson with them!!! Give them our regards.

BTW: How much does it cost to book them for a show? We could use some decent death metal acts touring out our way! Everyone seems to avoid us. There are some very small venues in Lafayette, IN that get some good local bands playing (Theopagy, Necrocide, Gorgasm etc) it'd be great to get some of the god fathers of death to come through and headline a bill sometime.

Comment

Music wasn't bad. 1990's Morbid Angel called, they want their air fans back. Every time I see a video of a DM band using fans to make their hair wave/flow I think of Morbid Angel.

Indeed the Hoffman Bros are bad-ass players. Doesn't someone here own a blood-splattered Kelly that belonged to one of the Bros?

Comment

Devotee, it is safe to say that you're not too familar with me. We'll become established. Let it be known. I know all things metal, and this "evil" of which you speak.

Comment

Working...
                        X