Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a Model series in this Annihilator video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Model series in this Annihilator video?

Decent look at the guitar around :40 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8UlPDMJWsM

GTWGITS! - RacerX

looks like a model 4 to me.(this may have posted twice...)
    Guitars:
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
    Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
    Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
    Modded Jet City 100HDM
    custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

I like that vid. I remember that feel like it was yesterday.
      Last edited by axmann; 10-06-2011, 10:42 PM. Reason: I am an idiot speller

Comment

1986 Model 4
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was just watchin' that fuggin' video with my kid 2-3 days ago....now its ova-here!!!

I gotta keep him grounded with REAL metal. Sometimes he floats off to what his friends like "mallcore"..or whatever the shit. Just because cute humans with vaginas like it. I said real girlfriends like whatever you like..not the other way 'round.

Here's me at 17..as follows..ahem,

Me: So what bands do you like?
          Girl: Well, I kinda like thaa that (RUDELY INTERRUPTED)
          Me: They Blow!!
          Girl: Yeah, I think you're right.
          Me: Of course I am...but you're fuggin' cute!
          Girl: ...blushes ..overwhelmed by mind numbing charm

Actually that's me 30 years later too..ya gotta be consistant!

Keepin' real in da field!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Mustaine shoulda got Jeff to take time out from Annihilator to record Broderick's solos on "Endgame", that would have been ideal.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Was that Mike Mangini on drums?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah cool, I thought M4 but I couldn't remember if they had sharkies or not and was too lazy to look up the catalog scans.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

that's a pretty cool song, I've never heard them before. Made me think a lot about how different music really is now. Basically they don't play shit till the lead comes in for the solo but the solo was very well done. Now they play good shit in verses/choruses but either have no solos or they're mediocre.
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Alice in Hell is 'the' album to check out.

EDIT: Yep, that's Mike Mangini.

Comment

Cool. I actually googled it and found that out. I knew he was with Extreme and Steve Vai and taught at MIT and is now in Dream Theater, but never knew much more about him.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Ah cool, I thought M4 but I couldn't remember if they had sharkies or not and was too lazy to look up the catalog scans.
                        Yeah, looks to be an 86 as it has dots and appears to have a kahler too.

Comment

Ah, see since I'm not a bolt on guy, and didn't get my model series until 1987, I assumed the M4 was sharkies all the way.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                            Mustaine shoulda got Jeff to take time out from Annihilator to record Broderick's solos on "Endgame", that would have been ideal.
                            Awwwww I love Jeff Waters. But he's a terrible producer. I have quite a few bands that he worked on...wow..terrible sound!! Ivory Knight immediately comes to mind. Sounds like a demo. NOT to mention he's put out some Annihilator studio albums that sound like wounded angry bees in a coffee can!! A few albums ago when he was using a Pod pro....not good.

Also, he's big fan of underground canadian metal like Exciter..he remastered those too. They're louder..not better..just louder.

Jeff Waters is best being Jeff Waters..in Annihilator. Not Savatage..Not Megadeth...just Annihilator.

OH I have Winters Dawn..that's not bad. He's getting better recording bands I guess. His solos are great..as always.

IMO.. amazing metal tones come from Andy Sneap..secondly Neil Kernon or James Murphy...for starters. Anyone but Kelly Grey basically..The man that single handedly killed Queensryche, Dokken and tried to with Nevermore!!!
                            Last edited by horns666; 10-09-2011, 10:28 PM.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

His left hand freaks me out when he plays. I know technically it's in the perfect classical position but something just seems weird about it. I guess because I'm a hang my thumb over the top guy.

I was super into Exciter when their first album came out. I need to dig that shit up again, I'm sure it's flashback worthy.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X