new megadeth single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new megadeth single

dont know if this has been posted yet( didnt check :P ), or if any of you have seen it yet. but for those who havent here you go....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/new...Now-23446.aspx

i think its pretty good, not super catchy but definitely worth listening to.

I like the verse riff but the chorus feels like we've been there before...
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The riffs seem a little sloppy, I say that only because it's Mustaine, to me he is usually very articulate and perscise. I'd have to hear it a few more times. The chorus seems classic modern Megadeth like, but it doesn't remind me of a specific song/riff that's on an earlier album. I guess the chorus almost sound like the outro (or one of the outro riffs) riff in Tornado of Souls, kinda.

Comment

And if you like that one here's ya another one.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q3gU...feature=relmfu
        I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

Meh... I think Dave's writing, musical and singing approach/direction isn't convincing anymore. IMO those none thrashing choruses shouldn't belong in Megadeth's repertoire, and sadly it has been like that for a while.
          I also think Shawn Drover is the wrong drummer for this band, he's just way laid back and predictable.
          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I like it..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
              Meh... I think Dave's writing, musical and singing approach/direction isn't convincing anymore. IMO those none thrashing choruses shouldn't belong in Megadeth's repertoire, and sadly it has been like that for a while.
              I also think Shawn Drover is the wrong drummer for this band, he's just way laid back and predictable.
              Amen! I couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Wow.... IMO it isn't good. And at one point in my life, they were about all I would listen to... until Risk...
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

That's a pretty wicked verse riff IMO.
                  I only need one more guitar.

Comment

I love it. It's a great marriage of the old and new!

Comment

I friggin love it, I was really scared there for a while because Im NOT a big fan of Public Enemy Number 1... I was hoping the whole album wasnt gonna be like that, and thankfully its not. Just like Endgames first single Headcrusher, I wasnt a huge fan... but the rest of the album came through with flying colors. Cant wait for this one!
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by mike.inc View Post
                        The riffs seem a little sloppy, I say that only because it's Mustaine, to me he is usually very articulate and perscise. I'd have to hear it a few more times. The chorus seems classic modern Megadeth like, but it doesn't remind me of a specific song/riff that's on an earlier album. I guess the chorus almost sound like the outro (or one of the outro riffs) riff in Tornado of Souls, kinda.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The whole thing reminds me of This Day We Fight. Its good though. Oh, and enough with the god damned sweep scales. Ok, we get it, you can do it. Jesus, we got enough of that in the last album. I agree with DWs take, everything hes done lately just hasnt had a wow factor like it used to. Im glad hes kept the thrash alive, but the vocal style, solos and hard rock choruses are just to predictable and all sound the same lately. With United Abominations, I couldnt tell where one song began and another ended after the first track. I listened to it maybe twice and then it has sat in my CD case ever since.

My god he can write a wicked verse riff, but even those are starting to all meld together in my memory. Its like he writes for speed and speed alone anymore on that front.

Will I buy the CD when its released? Hell yes I will! Have to.
                          Last edited by Twitch; 09-26-2011, 09:11 PM.
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well, im still not a fan. The vocals have always killed it for me. The guitar work is good tho
                            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Vocal style is too TWNAH for me.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X