Chris Holmes Jackson Hydra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Holmes Jackson Hydra?

Hey check out this crappy vid of Chris in Moscow - check out his axe though!

Never seen this one: a reverse head bound Jackson with a Hydra (?!) body:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zX1pgxMXMc&NR=1
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

That's actually a custom built by the Finnish company Amfisound:

http://www.amfisound.fi/amfisound_ga...ris_holmes.htm
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Kind of a clunky looking body but Chris makes anything odd look cool
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

I recognized it immediately as a Hydra because when I was at Eddie VH's house in 1979 he showed me his guitar room and the Hydra is the one I immediately picked up & started playing! I guess I have always liked the odd shapes!

Comment

Odd shapes are attracted to each other. Hur!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I bet he got head from that blonde girl that night. ahhh easy going russian girls.

Comment

..john holmes.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                I recognized it immediately as a Hydra because when I was at Eddie VH's house in 1979 he showed me his guitar room and the Hydra is the one I immediately picked up & started playing! I guess I have always liked the odd shapes!
                How did it play? For some reason I have it stuck in my mind that he keeps his action really high or has some other oddity to his setups. any truth to that? at least in 1979?
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                  How did it play? For some reason I have it stuck in my mind that he keeps his action really high or has some other oddity to his setups. any truth to that? at least in 1979?
                  Well, 1979 was long time ago, bro! I couldn't tell you much more about it (it was yellow) - my memory ya know...

Comment

Yeah that's his Amfisound. Chris sent an old Megazone body (Dimarzio IIRC) to their shop as reference. I arranged the order via phone and Amfisound later built a bolt-on version which I got...

Chris wanted that highway graphic but he was really suprised that they actually made it look like asphalt and not just yellow lines over black.
                    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

And that body shape feels really good to play. I'll do a vid later.

Comment

Originally posted by RR0849 View Post
                        Yeah that's his Amfisound. Chris sent an old Megazone body (Dimarzio IIRC) to their shop as reference. I arranged the order via phone and Amfisound later built a bolt-on version which I got...

Chris wanted that highway graphic but he was really suprised that they actually made it look like asphalt and not just yellow lines over black.
                        Do you run Chris' facebook fan page?
                        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

No. I'm not in contact with him often. I think Tim (Meredyk?) runs it.

Comment

Looks like the 80s has reached Russia.
                            I might move out there.
                            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                              Odd shapes are attracted to each other. Hur!

Har!

Comment

Working...
                              X