Metal Masters Clinic in NYC - Free --SLAYER--MEGADETH--ANTHRAX--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Masters Clinic in NYC - Free --SLAYER--MEGADETH--ANTHRAX--

There is a free show at the Best Buy Theater called Metal Master Clinic (Doors open at 4pm; starts 5pm)
    Participating musicians:
    * Charlie Benante (ANTHRAX) - Drums
    * Frank Bello (ANTHRAX) - Bass
    * Kerry King (SLAYER) - Guitar
    * David Ellefson (MEGADETH) - Bass
    * Mike Portnoy (ADRENALINE MOB, ex-DREAM THEATER) - Drums

Sponsored by Samson, Hartke, Zoom and Best Buy Music Gear, this clinic is free of charge and will begin at 5:00 p.m. Wristbands will be available on a first-come-first-served basis on the day of the clinic only, outside the Best Buy Theater, located at 1515 Broadway, West 44th Street. A minimum of 500 wristbands, with a limit of one per person, will be given out. So, all attending should get in line early for a chance to witness these masters of metal in action.

Rumor - and I stress 'RUMOR' has it Phil Anselmo with be there, as well as Rob Halford, for vocal duties.
    Last edited by GuerillaPete; 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM.

Are you going, Pete?

I wonder if it's a 1 time thing, or if they'll do this on the west coast too...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yup. I wound up going to it and then stayed to see "Satan's Lounge Band" (aka Anthrax) who did a show sponsored by Best Buy. It was alright. Not much in the 'clinical' sense. More 'talking' or 'ramblings' - yeah you Frank Bello, I know you meant well; and have a good heart but you rambled on a bit. When they got down to actually doing licks/riffs it was cool. The ending was cool: Phil Anselmo came out and they performed Pantera's "A New Level" and "Hostile" with Scott Ian & Kerry King on guitars; Dave Jr. on bass, Frank on bass, Mike Portnoy and Charlie Benante on drums.

Here's are the LiveStream feeds:
      Anthrax set:
      http://www.livestream.com/anthrax/vi...edium=ui-thumb

Metal Masters Clinic:
      http://www.livestream.com/anthrax/vi...edium=ui-thumb

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        I wonder if it's a 1 time thing, or if they'll do this on the west coast too...
        They first did it on the West Coast somewhere and it got a good response, so they decided to do it on the east coast. I think it was around the time of the first Big 4 U.S. show in California.

Comment

Well, damn
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X