Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Kulick's Zebra Striped Soloist

Hey,
    long time lurker, first time poster....and big Jackson fan. Gotta say right off the bat, I'm pretty envious of some of the member's collections here. I've owned several Jackson and Charvel imports over the years, but never a big fish like a US Soloist.

I've been searching the net lately for info on Bruce Kulick's old black and white Jackson Soloist from about '86. As a kid I was a KISS fan, but that Jackson blew me away from the first time I saw it. I know a member here (or former member, I'm not sure) Brad Kelley owned it at one point. I’ve searched the forum and have seen it mentioned in passing, but no real info on it.

I got a hold of Brad yeeeeears ago and he was nice enough to send me some pictures, but I only have one little shot left of it. I found his old website, but by the looks of it, Brad hasn't maintained it in some years. I emailed his address listed on the page, but no dice.

So I was wondering if anyone here had any recent updates on that Soloist or knows if Brad still owns it....maybe he sold it to one of you addicts. Does Brad still post here?

In case you're wondering, I'm turning 40 in a few months and its bugging the hell out of me. I can't afford a Corvette, but I can afford a Jackson. Back in junior high during math class, I used to space out and draw that zebra stripe Soloist Jackson and think, "One day.....".

Well that day's here, damnit. But before I think about ordering up a custom shop, I would love to track down Brad and/or that guitar to hopefully get some really big and detailed pictures of it. I've got all the pictures I can from its limited appearances with Bruce, but I need more. Mostly to see if it’s as cool as I remember.

If anyone here could point me in the right direction, I'd REALLY appreciate any help.

I think Wayne still owns that one...

Comment

Thanks for the response....now who's Wayne?? :think:

Comment

From the picture you posted it looks pretty damn cool to me. If there was a run of those, I'd be in!
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftyFretHead View Post
          Thanks for the response....now who's Wayne?? :think:
          Andy/Cain on several forums...try jacksonguitarpalace.com good guy, big collection of celeb owned fiddles...

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
            Andy/Cain on several forums...try jacksonguitarpalace.com good guy, big collection of celeb owned fiddles...
            Cool....I'll keep digging!

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
            From the picture you posted it looks pretty damn cool to me. If there was a run of those, I'd be in!
            Ya, I've always thought it was a great pattern. Not so many stripes that it's dizzying to look at, but enough to really catch the eye.

Comment

Working...
            X