Stephen Pearcy, endorsed by who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Pearcy, endorsed by who?

ok, this is bugging the shit out of me. Several years ago there was a small guitar company(can't remember thier name), they ensdorsed Stephen. I remember that there was a wierd headstock with an elongated u cut out of the middle, 3 a side tuners.... anyone remember who this company was?:think:
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

I am confused...........but I thought and endorsement deal was an artist endorsing a product, not a company endorsing and artist........

Am I right or wrong on this one??
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Its a two way street. The artist gives the company a plug and the company compensates the artist in some form.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Maybe check the links at the bottom of his wiki entry? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Pearcy
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron, I already hit those up! I spent a good 35 minutes looking for it before posting, I know there were ads in GFTPM however long ago. I'm guessing anywhere from 9-5 years ago....

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            I am confused...........but I thought and endorsement deal was an artist endorsing a product, not a company endorsing and artist........

Am I right or wrong on this one??
            I am further confused, i thought guitar endorsements were for guitar players, not lead singers. I'm sure he knows how to play the guitar, but what is the guy known for? What is the name of the company?, maybe we can all get one.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah Tommy you're right!

During this time I forget which of his other bands he was in( vicious delight, vertex or solo). In those bands he fronted and played guitar.

I've still been scratching my head about who the hell it was(the guitar company). Oh well, maybe someday I'll remember or someone else will read this and be <Dude, that was xxxxxxx!>

Comment

Hey Jay, how about contacting the man himself? :idea:

http://stephen-pearcy.com/website/contact/
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Try http://www.unkguitars.com/
                  I remember thinking they looked like the original Kramer aluminium guitars.
                  Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Cdub, that's it exactly.

Comment

Stephen and the guitarist, Erik Ferentinos, from his solo band were both endorsed by UNK Guitars. I think there were some adds in recent Guitar World magazines for both of them, possibly within the last year. And yes, Stephen does play guitar. I've seen him play guitar live when he was with Arcade years ago and there are other pre-Ratt pics on his website of him playing.

Comment

And check out this article from Guitar International that talks about Stephen playing guitar, his new solo cd coming out, some info on Ratt, etc.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/...-that-monster/

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          but what is the guy known for?
                          Stuffing socks down the front of his trousers so he could pretend he had a massive cock, I remember reading about it in Kerrang years ago.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

the band he was in after Ratt had some decent tunes, they were called Arcade, it wasn't too bad an effort.
                            Mother Blues is a good song.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Right on Tommy, I liked the riff in 'All shook up'. There was some good(and some not so good) material that Stephen did without Dimartini and Crosby.....

Comment

Working...
                              X