Trey Azagthoth and Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Azagthoth and Dean

Has anybody seen the latest youtube live clips of Morbid Angel?Trey's playing 2 deans that are his own models,the one I like is called Astro-X,its Star shaped with H/S , 24 frets,Floyd and a bolt-on.
    The other one is called The Razorback X-Core.
    It's on the Dean website.
    The Star shaped is reall cool except for that ugly headstock.I can't wait for one of these to be available. I once had a Red BC Rich Ironbird NJ series with a Kahler just because Trey played one.
    Last edited by hunter1970; 08-02-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Kind look familiar don't they.. a bit?

Comment

Well the Ironbird has the old San Dimas Charvel Star finish, I forget what it was called.

Comment

makes sense - he's a tampa boy, and shopped at Thoroughbred Music for 20 years, just like the rest of us, i am sure he's known Elliot (owner of Dean) for a long time know, and most Dean endorsers are in heavy bands -- I am sure they will take good care of him at Dean.

Morbid's practice room was across the hall from mine for TEN YEARS. loudest damn band you ever heard at PRACTICE. i love them, though.....good tight band with some solid musicianship going on....

Comment

Shame their new album was a pile of shite. Trey is a uniquely talented musician and songwriter and one of my favourite guitarists of all time. He's always had the weirdest taste in guitars - rosewood fretboards, dot inlays and bolt-ons pretty much exclusively.
            Last edited by Devotee; 08-03-2011, 07:55 PM. Reason: wtf is a blot-on?
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Very cool. Trey is in this month's Guitar World. Opened my eyes to some new music.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                Shame their new album was a pile of shite. Trey is a uniquely talented musician and songwriter and one of my favourite guitarists of all time. He's always had the weirdest taste in guitars - rosewood fretboards, dot inlays and blot-ons pretty much exclusively.

I knew Trey back in the 80's when they were in Charlotte NC. He pretty much played BC Riches exclusively then. Him and Richard both. I so wanted a BC Rich then.

Yeah, the new album. Where's the facepalm smiley.
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

That's awesome! Funnily enough, i've really been GASing for an old Ferrari Red Ironbird for a while (and a Charvel Star in the same colour).

Indeed, i'll stick with the eerie chaotic darkness of "Abominations of Desolation" (their masterpiece if you ask me), the first three albums and "Formulas...".

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

It's looks like the Deans have left handed trem bars on them.
                    Wouldn't it be cool if the Astro-X was the same scale as a DK2,hmm.
                    Last edited by hunter1970; 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                      That's awesome! Funnily enough, i've really been GASing for an old Ferrari Red Ironbird for a while (and a Charvel Star in the same colour).

Indeed, i'll stick with the eerie chaotic darkness of "Abominations of Desolation" (their masterpiece if you ask me), the first three albums and "Formulas...".

Yeah, I can tell you some stories. I was there when they were writing a lot of those old classics; went to a lot of rehearsals and hung out a lot at their house on Sunnyside. I remember driving David to Barnes&Noble so he could get a thesaurus when working on the lyrics to Thy Kingdom Come. And they had this psychopathic pitbull named Butch that hated cats....
                      Last edited by Animus; 08-03-2011, 10:10 PM.
                      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

So when did Trey have the tattoo removed from his right arm?!?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You mean this tattoo.

Comment

Yeah, he had it for years. Guess it was lasered off?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Ancient Ones do not approve.

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Working...
                              X