Saxon is coming to the OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saxon is coming to the OC

Saxon will be coming to the Galexy theatre in Santa Ana 10/2/11. I have always wanted to see these guys but they seldom tour the USA.

Denim
    and Leather
    /
    Brought us all together ...

BTW it's Galaxy Theatre - in case anybody wants to join you
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Galaxy is great venue. Definitely go if you're a fan of the band.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

WTF is the OC? Oprah Channel?

And yeah, I really was shocked Saxon were so overshadowed by Priest and Maiden back in the day.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Look at my location, Newc

<----------

Comment

So there's only one? There's not "Osceola County", "Ocelot County", "Okra County", or even maybe, oh I dunno, Orange County FLORIDUH?

:p
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              So there's only one? There's not "Osceola County", "Ocelot County", "Okra County", or even maybe, oh I dunno, Orange County FLORIDUH?

Quite possibly, but aside from the fact that only Orange County has had a TV show titled "The OC" that takes place there. All 341 people from Okra County (all with the last name Lafayette oddly) don't really know their letters.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

only one with such a ondensation of beautiful girls. then again, i've never been to any of the other OC's. the Galaxy is 10 minutes from my pad, it's a great place to see a band, but i gotta pass on Saxon.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I dunno, Orange County FLORIDUH?:p
                  Hey....Is that a not so hidden dig at us idiots in Florida? So what if 90% of the state can't drive and we couldn't convict someone that was actually more guilty than OJ.

Comment

Oh I would not pass on Saxon. Power and the Glory!

I wonder if they are coming by my neck of the woods. Google..

Shit, nothing. If I still lived in So Cal I'd be going to this.
                    Last edited by DonP; 07-11-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

And yeah, I really was shocked Saxon were so overshadowed by Priest and Maiden back in the day.
                      I went to see them the other week, first date on this tour, the week before the LP came out.
                      They opened with a new number, then proceeded to play another 2. I'm sure they played some more new ones that night too. Dozy bastards.

That is an example of why they never made the same heights as Maiden and Priest, they are fuckwits of the Spinal Tap variety. I mean, even the most rabid fan isn't going to have heard the new LP before it has been released, surely they can see from the stage a room full of people standing with their arms folded, who go crazy when a classic track is played, then go back to being immobile afterwards?
                      Why the fuck doesn't someone strongly advise they play just one new number until the LP is on general release? Even a 12 year old can see that their current set list is not going to sell them a single extra LP, but rather will piss off all the people who went because they remember Saxon from back in the day ie. the majority of the house.

I don't give a toss what they think, their new LP is never going to eclipse Wheels of Steel, however good it is, it's a sad fact of life that Saxon's best days are behind them. Such is life, the young get old.

Bear in mind that Saxon is my favourite band, bar none, so it pains me to see them make elementary fuck ups like this. Their bad management decisions in the 80s onwards are a major reason they aren't seen as Maiden's equals, they should know better than this themselves though.

That said, GO to the gig. Saxon on form, blasting out 20,000Feet, 747, Wheels..., Crusader, even Solid Ball of Rock etc are a fucking great night out, you can see how they could have easily held the same esteem as Priest and Maiden, and their stage presence is one that only comes with 30 years on the road playing shitty gigs rather than arenas. Biff's a real rock star, but not the DLR variety, he's of the "One of the boys" variety, a down-to-earth rabble rouser.

SAXON! SAXON! SAXON!
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a DVD of this video? Someone recorded it, but I'd like to get the entire show

Comment

Wow! I haven't heard that in literally decades! That gave me goosebumps!

Comment

Saxon are great, I've seen them many times in really crappy venues across Europe, back in the days of SAOTL and WOS, and they always put up a great show, whether it was in front of 30 or 3000 people.
                            And as for this, well, Gandalf and the Hobbits have never sounded better!

Comment

Working...
                            X