Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man o war

For some reason I have always dug them.
    Kinda classical in some ways and pretty metal too.
    Found my 2002 release of Warriors of the world and forgot about Eric Adams's version of Nessun Dorma just kick ass vocals.
    There is a YT clip go check it out.
    If someone can link it please do I can't at the moment.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SclJmnRMLnQ

Here you go!!!....nothing will ever top the Gloves of Metal video...ever!

Comment

Thanks man such a classy thing for a metal band to do.
      Damn he has some strong pipes.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

you're welcome brother!

Comment

All Men play on Ten

Hells yeah, Manowar are Metal in the truest sense.. DiMaio is a fucking bass legend.

The other day i went with my pop to go sell his record collection at a used record store. He had about 1000 albums on vinyl. I decided to dig out what i had left of mine that wasn't lost. Had a stack, maybe 25 albums. I didn't realize what i still had in there, but the guy said my stack was worth more on average than my dads on the used market, lol. He payed me pretty good for them, tho they will probably be sold for 2 to 3x as much looking at what they had in there. People were in there buying albums the whole time we were in there too, good hour or so. Guy came in and sat down spun some lp's with headphones on and walked out with 50 bucks in vinyl.

I said to the guy just being in here makes me want to burn some incense, lol.
          It was a weird feeling being around all that vinyl. Like i really just wanted to buy a shit load of it, lol. Fucking records were so much cooler than Cd's.

Anyway,..reason i mentioned it is cause i had Sign of the Hammer in that stack in plastic in perfect shape and the guy mentioned that the drummer for Manowar had died recently.

There were a few albums i probably shouldn't have sold or at least transfered to hard drive somehow before letting them go. Namely i had Leatherwolfs first LP in there and i have yet to see that album or cd anywhere else. arg i'm kinda pissed i didn't hard copy it really, i been jonesing to hear it ever since. The dude said some of those records were going home with him, and asked me if i had any more, haha. I told him no but that he should spin that Wasted Youth lp in the clearance bin it's got a Van Halen cover of On Fire that kicks ass on it.

Comment

love manowar, i remember picking up Kill Em All and Battle Hymns & Into Glory Ride at the same time on vinyl ... back in 83 i was like in 8th grade... Metallica was Metallica BUT ManOWar totally blew me away ... I have all the vinyl .. If you see em they have a few concert dvds out ... totally reccomend picking em up ... think i might crank one today....

Comment

One of my all-time favorite bands. Like straycat said, Eric does have some monster pipes. I bought Battle Hymns on cassette (I still have it, too) and fell in love with the band. Hail, hail, hail and kill!!!!
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

"If you don't like Manowar you are afraid of yourself!"

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

"Kings of metal" is one of my all time faves

The only drawback Manowar has (except for their high cheese factor) is ending close to every song live with instrument noise
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Valhalla , one of my favorites. One of the great metal bands of all time.

Comment

MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING FROM THE LAST TIME I SAW MANOWAR
                      ( 80's) AT LAMOUR'S

great show by the way...

Comment

thanks for bringinging this up been listening to them since since the early 80's....the used to practice at a bar right by triton college in river grove illinois
                        just spent an hour going through sone of their videos on you tube...thanks for the link gatron that was very cool ...also their rendition of silent night
                        Last edited by len; 06-19-2011, 04:55 PM. Reason: i typr like shit
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Thanks man such a classy thing for a metal band to do.

That was fucking awful, no wonder I don't listen to that band.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I've always liked Manowar, but their songs are a little boring at times. They have no single-note riffs... just power chord chugging.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Whaddayaknow, look who's touring the U.S, well, one date anyway....didn't think these guys came state side:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/7...2_97OnSaleSoon
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X