Christian Olde Wolbers: General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Olde Wolbers: General Questions

Hey guys! For a while I've been on a real big Fear Factory kick, and just had 2 questions about COW if anyone knew them:

1. Why did the COW 7 get discontinued? I figured since the 6 silverburst was too alike to the Scott Ian sig, or because he left Fear Factory.
    2. Did he use Jackson basses when he played bass in Fear Factory? Does anybody have any pics of him using his bass gear?

And if anyone has any of the Jackson COW's then post a picture if you'd like! I'd love to see some red blue pearl

Since Fear Factory has moved on with out him and Raymond, they haven't really been in the public eye all that much. So no promotion for Jackson guitars, which in turn is a waste of money for Jackson to promote an artist that hasn't promoted them. It's a shame as I loved the COW 7's, kinda wish I didn't sell mine.

As for basses, he used custom Fender 5 string basses. Which I think Byron Stroud uses now or has a bass just like Christians.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious View Post
      Since Fear Factory has moved on with out him and Raymond, they haven't really been in the public eye all that much. So no promotion for Jackson guitars, which in turn is a waste of money for Jackson to promote an artist that hasn't promoted them. It's a shame as I loved the COW 7's, kinda wish I didn't sell mine.

As for basses, he used custom Fender 5 string basses. Which I think Byron Stroud uses now or has a bass just like Christians.
      Thanks for the quick reply! It's like 3 am over here, and didn't expect such a quick response

I guess that makes sense, but kind of surprising considering how long they had Kevin Bond from Superjoint Ritual as a signature artist :confused: But that's because I hardly heard anything from them, and by that I mean nobody I know knows of them If that makes sense. That really sucks though because I love the COW 7's.

Interesting, I wonder how he got with Jackson's then, I'd expect him to use Ibanez because of Dino, or not use Ibanez because of, well, Dino

Comment

Hey Mat, my guitar tech knows Christian, just today we were discussing buying one of his old basses. I should be able to meet Christian next month, hopefully I can do an interview with him for the JCF! Get your questions ready!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Hey Mat, my guitar tech knows Christian, just today we were discussing buying one of his old basses. I should be able to meet Christian next month, hopefully I can do an interview with him for the JCF! Get your questions ready!
          Fuckin' eh man! Ask him if he wants to trade me one of his 7's for a hug from me

But seriously that's pretty damn cool! Does he use his Jackson's mainly, or is he kind of messing around with other companies for the time being?

Comment

From what I heard he doesn't have any Jacksons now. He sold them and those he had left he gave to friends and family.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

From what I heard he doesn't have any Jacksons now. He sold them and those he had left he gave to friends and family.
              I don't blame him, does anybody know what he's using?

Comment

Nope, he still has some, including an 8 string (!).

Comment

Got confirmation on 2 Jackson custom shops that Christian had Jon play at his home studio just a couple days ago: Both are a sculpted super strat shape with reverse headstocks, silver paint, single EMG, and Floyded. One is a 7 string, the other is definitely an 8 string (!). Although I don't think an 8 string Floyd exists, right? I should be getting at least a pic of the 7 string shortly. I asked about the headstocks and was told that both are reverse with all inline tuners!

I wonder if the 8 string is similar to that Pablo built 8 from NAMM: http://www.jcfonline.com/attachment....9&d=1295030051

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Got confirmation on 2 Jackson custom shops that Christian had Jon play at his home studio just a couple days ago: Both are a sculpted super strat shape with reverse headstocks, silver paint, single EMG, and Floyded. One is a 7 string, the other is definitely an 8 string (!). Although I don't think an 8 string Floyd exists, right? I should be getting at least a pic of the 7 string shortly. I asked about the headstocks and was told that both are reverse with all inline tuners!

I wonder if the 8 string is similar to that Pablo built 8 from NAMM: http://www.jcfonline.com/attachment....9&d=1295030051
                    NICE!!!
                    And no, but they do have 8 string Kahler's.

Comment

Working...
                    X