Rik Emmet Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rik Emmet Q

In one older video he plays a Yamaha neck thru super strat 1 hum 2 singles.
    Has a floyd as well looks like an RGX headstock
    Would love to have one but you never see one up for sale.
    From what I could find out its a RGX 1212 and I want one.
    Last edited by straycat; 01-03-2011, 12:50 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I remember him more for Yamaha SG-2000's(?).

Comment

Me too his double necks were cool.

Comment

HA! I'm sitting here listening to Triumph right this very moment and digging his playing. Always did like his work and am sorry I never caught them live.

Comment

The RGX is a badass machine. Look around, they're out there.

Emmet was always undervalued as a player and as a musician.
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Emmett is REALLY good.. saw Triumph a couple of times. First time in 1980 at the Rose Bowl with Aldo Nova opening, Triumph and then Journey as the Headliner. Great show that made me re-think my extreme dislike for Journey at the time!

Second time was 1983 at the US Festival...they nearly stole the show in the middle of the day in 103 degree heat....they sounded fantastic. Emmet played his Yamaha and his Ibanez Doubleneck which was so sweet sounding.

Great band, Great player ...both very underappreciated IMO.

Check out this clip: Anyone know what that guitar is??
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7goTC...eature=related
            Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 01-03-2011, 04:48 PM.
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              is that the gold one he was holding in the old Yamaha ads? I always thought that was cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rik-Emmett-Photo...-/390275494687
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah thats the one I'm looking for.Love the head stocks on those.
                I've had a few of the bolt on RGX's and they were great players.
                Sold my RBX 800 bass a few weeks ago and miss it already.
                Wow that is one model Framus I have never seen before, very cool.
                Last edited by straycat; 01-04-2011, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Here's an RGX 1212 that sold for 12500yen (about $150?) last month on Yahoo! Auction:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w57502472
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

that's a 1220 according to the headstock
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

And also according to the title of the auction listing!!!

Sorry about that. But it seems as though the only difference between the 1212 and the 1220 is the PU configuration.

What are you doing up so late anyway, Gary?
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        I have one and they are super bitchin'! I also have a RGX1220S which is the 2-hum version that I like even better. They are my favorite guitars!

Both models came in "S" and "A" designations, the "A" models have active Yamaha pickups (or maybe an active system like Charvels had, not really sure). Mine are both "S" models and I am happy with the stock pickups and the stock trem. However, my 1220 came REALLY cheap because it was missing the high E saddle assembly and Yamaha doesn't have parts for that anymore. Each saddle assembly on that model included the fine tuner as well as the saddle, the fine tuners weren't separate like on a Floyd.

However, a Floyd Rose will drop right in, as I dropped a Schaller Floyd into mine. The recess route is slightly smaller so you can't pull up all the way, but I didn't reroute it. I can still pull up a minor 3rd on the G string, and I dive more than pull anyway. Plus I wanted to leave it stock in case I found the replacement part on Ebay, which I did find a parts bridge a few years later. I have left the Schaller on it though, because my parts bridge is chrome and the original bridge is black, so although I was able to complete that bridge it does look kinda tacky with one chrome saddle on a black bridge. Maybe I'll pain the saddle one day, probably never will. But since the 1221S also uses the same bridge, the parts bridge is worth keeping.
                        Last edited by lerxstcat; 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM. Reason: Typos and additions
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info lerx I will keep looking for one.

Comment

Working...
                          X