Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Poland playing a Jackson RR, Megadeth 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtqiIOSak_A

Pretty insane stuff. 1987 concert from San Francisco. Poland playing a Kahler'd RR with dot inlays. Some closeups around the 16 minute mark during Rattlehead.

I think that's the blue with pink bevels Student RR that Dave used for the studio parts of the In My Darkest Hour video.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, a freshly added 70 minute MD concert on YT!

BTW I will be meeting with Chris soon to do a JCF Interview™

I've been debating whether to wing it, or to ask you guys Questions to ask Chris!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You better go prepared, Ron. This isn't a Rinky dink board you're representing here.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/new/node/245

Make sure you ask him some new questions Racer X

He's super cool and very down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Wow, a freshly added 70 minute MD concert on YT!

BTW I will be meeting with Chris soon to do a JCF Interview™

I've been debating whether to wing it, or to ask you guys Questions to ask Chris!
            At least see if there is anything he knows about that RR. I agree with Toejam about it. Would be cool to know for the history.
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

A great player. Highly underrated. Can't wait for the interview.

Comment

Oh man, great find! I was trying to find some decent Peace era Megadeth vid, specifically for Poland. Such a great player! This must've been done not too long before Dave fired him and Gar.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Saw a good chunk of this vid. It looks like Poland rolls back the tone during his solos which makes for a more legato sound. Anyone else see this? At first I thought he was using the neck pu, but I can see him reach under the and dial back one of the knobs. That plus he picks over the neck alot during his solos. Check the 1 hour 8 min mark for his Black Friday solo at the end when he rolls it back up (I think). Also, that's a classic Spinal tap moment for Mustaine. His guitar conks out and he's got 2 techs working on the guitar while he's holding it singing!

BTW, how come no King V?
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I was just listening to "Metalpolis" last month. I hooked up my old dual cassette deck and was enjoying old tapes. I thought I'd read once that he contributed to arcade/video game soundtracks in the 90's. If so, which games? Just curious. I trust it will be an awesome interview.

Not like a local radio station here.

A couple DJ's here have Eddie VH's number and call him now n' then only to ask dumb stuff. Eddie is such a talker and starved for attention, he gets sucked into these idiots' questions. Crap about Valerie, cars, DLR. Its all BS. They never ask Ed the guitarist about guitar playing.

Comment

Wow!! Didn't know there was video of this show. I was there. Saw em again in '88 opening for DIO. Ahhh, the good ole days.
                      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Speaking of '88, here's another new youtube upload of a January 1988 show, 6 months after the earlier posted, with a brand new band, save for the Daves. The King V is here.

BTW, how can youtube upload such long vids now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVmyg...eature=related

Comment

OT: picked up a book by Mustain the other day and read through it. I confess, Megadeth Rust in Piece was always a masterpiece for me, so I was curious what is the personality behind the music. But the book pretty much left me with the question:
                          - is the guy OK mentally?
                          - as he as consumed by narcissism as it comes across in the book?
                          - overall, it left me with the impression that the guy is smart and talented, and really really shallow at the same time. A lousy person as well.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
                            OT: picked up a book by Mustain the other day and read through it. I confess, Megadeth Rust in Piece was always a masterpiece for me, so I was curious what is the personality behind the music. But the book pretty much left me with the question:
                            - is the guy OK mentally?
                            - as he as consumed by narcissism as it comes across in the book?
                            - overall, it left me with the impression that the guy is smart and talented, and really really shallow at the same time. A lousy person as well.
                            I remember one of those videos where he is talking about Metallica and he is like "Metallica, no i never think about them anymore...Metallica are the ones regretting it every day, i have nothing to prove to Metallica, we are cool, the Metallica motherfuckers shouldn't have kicked me but my band is better than Metallica, i am an extremely successful guitarist and really Metallica is the last thing that's in my mind these days... i'm tottaly over Metallica."

Comment

Just Badass!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsJEYU1n08

Comment

Working...
                              X