Saw Arsis last night in frisco!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Arsis last night in frisco!

These guys play the shit out of there instruments, wow! At a small club called the Parkside about 200 people there, talk about in your face, love small venues, go see them if you get a chance, you wont be disappointed, a band called Powerglove opened for them, video game metal pretty entertaining,Mario,tetris,Pacman, etc.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

I like what I've heard off the new cd. Never saw them play, but they are awesome technicians.

Comment

Also, a couple of years ago they used to show these clips on Headbanger's Ball of a ballet troupe (can't remember the name) dancing to a piece they commissioned from Arsis. Intersting stuff. Had a bit of a crush on one of the ballerinas, which didn't hurt, but death and dance work pretty well together.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
        Also, a couple of years ago they used to show these clips on Headbanger's Ball of a ballet troupe (can't remember the name) dancing to a piece they commissioned from Arsis. Intersting stuff. .....death and dance work pretty well together.
        Saw that Dance Troupe a few years ago in NYC. Twice. Once on their own: performed to recorded music from Arsis, My Dying Bride, & others. Then they opened for Opeth at Town Hall. Cool stuff. Always nice/hot seeing chicks dance to metal, no matter the dance-style. Well, except for break-dancing and metal. Those two don't really mix well.

Comment

I have a couple of their CD's, but haven't ever seen them live..

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            I have a couple of their CD's, but haven't ever seen them live..
            Have you ever ballet-danced to them, Jeri?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Have you ever ballet-danced to them, Jeri?
              Nope, can't say that I have

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                Saw that Dance Troupe a few years ago in NYC. Twice. Once on their own: performed to recorded music from Arsis, My Dying Bride, & others. Then they opened for Opeth at Town Hall. Cool stuff. Always nice/hot seeing chicks dance to metal, no matter the dance-style. Well, except for break-dancing and metal. Those two don't really mix well.
                I hear you there. Probably should have said death and ballet work well together!

Comment

Put an old Accept record on. Speed it up bigtime and delete all the cool riffs, chord progressions and melody and you would create Arsis.
                  To my ears.. they sound like Canned Arsis.

Comment

Working...
                  X