I'm at a Joe Satch show I'm boston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm at a Joe Satch show I'm boston.

Last edited by The Rossness; 12-10-2010, 02:18 AM.

I thought you were The Rossness?

Did Boston take over The Roseness?

Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

Comment

Must be a great show if you're whiling away the hours surfing the JCF!!!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

so when Joe says "Nobody rocks like BOSTON!!!!!!" he's talking about you?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

oops. that was a typo from my iPhone. I fixed it.

The show was so-so. He had on ok set, but in the middle, he was jamming and lost focus and kind of lost the crowd.

He was rocking a cool neon orange JS2400 though. His tone was gawd awful. I've never liked the JVM. I don't understand why he ditched his endorsement deal with Peavey to go play a POS Marshall.
          Last edited by The Rossness; 12-10-2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Yeah you should give him pointers next time you see him. He'd totally agree LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
              I don't understand why he ditched his endorsement deal with Peavey to go play a POS Marshall.
              Mmm...More Money?

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                Yeah you should give him pointers next time you see him. He'd totally agree LOL
                As far as tone goes, I could give him pointers. the rest...

Comment

Are your ears still ringing? Mine were--even the next day.

Comment

He sounded almost exactly the same through his JSX dude... Here's a fun fact for you.. What you were hearing was his damn pedal. He plays that VOX satchurator through all his amps on the clean channel. The change didn't do shit all for him. I suspect that it was mostly for financial gain and ease of support during the large portion of his ''Chickenfoot'' concerts. Marshall is much better routed in Europe to provide most of all the things he needs for his shows. IF shit breaks, they don't improvise - they call em' up and get some new gear. There's more behind the scenes than you think. Second big point here is that not many people sound good live... It's a fact. Everywhere you play is affected by the acoustics of the arena/stadium/field/club house etc. You think he packs a set-up for every type of venue possible? Fuck no lol. Acoustics are a huge determining fact in this. I have seen very expensive concerts sound like shit because of badly shaped arenas and walls that bounced sound around too much. Lastly, his live gear is not the same as his studio gear. They put a lot of effort into making the albums sound so good. If you think he records most of your favorite tracks from him on a JVM or even his JSX, you'd be wrong again. Joe uses an old Peavey Classic 30 and cranks it waaay up, or plays his satchurator. I know he has used his JSX, but not for much. He's been using the CL30 for over 20 years.

His show wasn't good and you're dissapointed? I believe you. I saw him twice and loved it, but it's not impossible for someone to have a shitty show.

Now go practice your playing, the tone will come after hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X