No announcement yet.

Judas Priest announce "final tour"....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussing production (placement of mic's, effects used whether at the board or amp, type of recording machine/s and on and on) is frivolous to me.

The dynamics of the artist's (their set of personal skills to play the instrument and write) to create music/material is primary.
    Production is secondary.

My following assessment has nothing to with production but content (material written) only.

Sad Wings Of Destiny and Hell Bent For Leather are masterpieces.
    Stained Class - only Exciter made the cut with me. Just didn't care for the overall material on that album.
    British Steel - Rage and metal gods are the stand outs on this one for me.
    Point of Entry - Desert Plains and Headin out to the highway are it for me on this one.
    Screamin for vengence - The whole album is a masterpiece to me and Priests last masterpiece they have made.

The song Free Wheel burning is a killer tune.
    The song painkiller itself is to me really good classic priest style BUT there is a bit much yanking going on in the song and that gets old real quick.

For the most part I enjoyed their reunion album Angel of retribution.
    But much like Stained Class it had famaliar Priest style tunes/licks but it just wasn't good material. Again this has nothing to do with production just material written.

Farewell tour scenario.
    Many of our favorite bands we grew up with are old in age.
    Its not entirely easy wearing leather from the neck down to the feat under hot lights and etc.
    Its gets heavy and wears you down even if your use to it and the amount of sweat is unbelievable.
    These guys aren't young spring chickens so the road and touring really takes its toll on their bodies and etc.
    I have no beef with them and others bowing out as graciously as they possibly can.

They have a large catalog of some very good music that will impact and live on for generations to come. That can't be too bad.
    I'm just glad I grew up with their music good stuff.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Just my .02, I think Painkiller is a masterpiece front to back. Granted, I'm a lot younger than you guys so I'm a lot less nostalgic about the early days of Priest and their leaning towards a more modern sound in Painkiller. I do love SFV though as well.

Comment

We might also also get the
        goodbye tour,
        were definately going now tour.
        Thats absolutely it! tour

I hope so, otherwise we'll have to wait for the new wave of the new wave (of the new wave) of heavy metal (if we last that long). Looks like we'll have to sit through the rehashed 90s at the moment though.

Comment

I see this as a break from the road for a few years and they'll come out with " oh no we're running out of money tour" to pad bank accounts
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X