Jeff Beck still has them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck still has them...

His Jacksons that is. Was watching the bonus footage of what will be on the upcoming Jeff Beck DVD "Rock N Roll Party: Honoring Les Paul". The bonus is called "At Home with Jeff Beck & His Guitars". Sadly, they never talk about the two Jacksons in the final cut. Here's two screen grabs:

I dunno, if I played a pink Soloist in the 80's I'm not sure I would want to talk about it, either.

Comment

Pfft. Jeff Beck could play a Wangcatser and make it cool

And HOLY SHIT look at the action on that Tele on the right! OMG you could screw through it!
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        HOLY SHIT look at the action on that Tele on the right! OMG you could screw through it!
        Yeah, I noticed that too! The bonus footage segment on his guitars is pretty cool. And he tells a few stories about each instrument. From his esquire, to the L5, to a few others; but nothing on the Jacksons. If I get the chance to talk to the director and/or editor of this segment, I'll ask if footage about the Jackson exists.
        Last edited by GuerillaPete; 11-29-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

nobody squeezes more emotion out of a guitar than jeff beck.
          my hero!!!!
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I remember he called the pink one a "fairy guitar" or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Pfft. Jeff Beck could play a Wangcatser and make it cool

And HOLY SHIT look at the action on that Tele on the right! OMG you could screw through it!
              Look close, it has a square neck...that's a slide guitar.

Very cool that he still has (and apparently uses) those Jacksons...two of the coolest Soloists ever IMO.

Comment

Interesting that they never talk about them on the video yet they are in different positions in the two shots.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Interesting that they never talk about them on the video yet they are in different positions in the two shots.
                  You would think they would talk about them because of the way they set up for the interview. The rack of guitars between JB and the camera. Which leads me to believe (and I hope) footage of JB talking about the Jacksons exists.

Comment

i wonder what bridge pick up he has in them.........

Comment

Working...
                    X