X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Overrated Current Band Out There

In the immortal words of Tom Hanks in the Movie Big :

"I Don't Get It"

Somebody please tell me how, why and what the fuck is going on in Rock when The Kings of Leon are regarded as such a great band ? Seriously people, this band sucks so bad they make me change the radio station every time one of their lameass tunes comes on.

So here I am this Sunday morning listening to LA Lloyd and the Rock Top 30, with your normal cast of bands, Ozzy/Disturbed/Korn/Hell Yeah/etc. and a great new song by this awesome band that is making the Rock Top 30 is announced by LA Lloyd. What is it ? Kings of Leon with some whiney, pussified, sounds-like-all-their-other-songs tune. To me, these guys are just barely one step above Celine Dion.

WTF ?

/rant. I feel better.

Most sheeple listen to what they are fed. They remember the mindworms and pay money for them. When was the last time you heard somebody who wasn't a musician say "I appreciate this song because it seems really challenging to perform."? The average listener does not care about musicianship or the ability of the song to actually ever be performed by live musicians. They just know those singers can sing some crazy notes while singing perfectly in key, even if they sound a little wierd.

I see a future where computers write most of the popular music based on algorithms developed by psychologists and behavioural scientists. Real musicians will become more rare and people will just become front of stage presences for the computers. Hell real people may not even be needed at all. Think I'm just living in the matrix? Think again...

Yes those are real people going nut's at this 'concert'. I realize they are Japanese and a little bit freaky to begin with, but if people get amped up over that then I fear for musicians future.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I agree, I have to listen to them all the damn time.

In my opinion Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine and all those other BS pussified "metal" bands. It actually bugs me more than the pop music on the radio, or glam metal.

Comment

Having a hard time coming up with any new band worth their weight. But then again, I've kinda stopped looking. The only good rock/metal cds I've gotten lately have been Ratt & AIC.

I've started listening to more folk/Celt/Irish stuff lately. It's been fun playing acoustic.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned Korn/Disturbed/Hellyeah all suck too

Comment

Originally posted by MindRapist View Post

In my opinion Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine and all those other BS pussified "metal" bands. It actually bugs me more than the pop music on the radio, or glam metal.
            I couldn't agree more.
            I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
            ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
            Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
            Blackstar Soloist HT60
            Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
            Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Fuck Nickelback.
              |My CSG gallery|
              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogueleader View Post
                Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogueleader View Post

I don't mind Disturbed, but I would much rather listen to Kings of Leon than Korn, et al. I don't understand all the hatred for KoL - they seem like a decent straight up rock band to me, they play their own instruments and write their own tunes. If you don't like them, fine, but it's not like Lady Gaga or Black Eyed Peas or the Crazy Frog
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Lots of good metal bands out there that don't give a rats ass about radio airplay.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Coldplay.
                      are they even a band? the song stealing mofos!

Also Lamb Of God - I find them 'too-polished-for-radio' to be metal.
                      Ashique M. Fahim
                      Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
                      www.myspace.com/amfahim
                      www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
                      www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

Originally posted by kalapoka View Post
                        Coldplay.
                        are they even a band? the song stealing mofos!

Also Lamb Of God - I find them 'too-polished-for-radio' to be metal.
                        Dont know where youre from from but LOG doesnt get airplay around here. Id listen to the radio if they did. I dont listen to the radio because its become overrun with the whinny ass Nicklesack and Queens of Leon horse shit that this thread was started about. Alternatively, satellite radio metal stations are no better, as theyre just a major puke fest 90% of the time of which LOG is as far as I go with the puke metal. So that just leaves me to my MP3 player and a cd purchase or two when a known good band releases a new cd.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyApocalypse View Post
                          I couldn't agree more.
                          Can't check out your band as I'm at work but to call Trivium pussified is funny, they write some pretty cool riffs and are pretty good guitarist in there own right
                          Most of the people[not saying you as I haven't got to listen to you yet] that rip them are poor guitarist and rip other to make themselves feel better...I see it all the time

Comment

Originally posted by MindRapist View Post

Would be interested in hearing your stuff, got any you can share?

Comment

High School 101:

ALL THE BANDS YOU LIKE SUCK AND ARE POSERS!!!

ALL THE BANDS I LIKE ARE AWESOME!!!

IF YOU LIKE A BAND THAT I LIKE, I WILL NO LONGER LIKE THAT BAND BECAUSE NOW THEY ARE MAINSTREAM SELLOUTS!!!
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X