Parallel Axis Trembuckers from Seymour Duncan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel Axis Trembuckers from Seymour Duncan

Anybody try these in a SanDimas or anything else with an alder body??
    My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
    Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

I have a PATB-1 but no San Dimas.

Please send me your San Dimas and I'll let you know.

Comment

I believe Toejam has used one in his RR1T.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I had one in my 550xl and it was great, but then I got a BK nailbomb and sold the PAT

Comment

Just pulled one out of my 550XL, it was ok. Replaced it with a Dimarzio Fred, big difference. Awesome pickup for a setneck guitar.
          Charvel CST 060 1992
          Charvel CST 070 1992
          Charvel CDS 090 1993
          Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
          Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
          Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
          Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
          Duesenberg 49er 2012
          Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
          Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
          History TH-LS Limited 2009
          History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

I have a San Dimas - alder body - that originally came with a PATB. I forget which model exactly, I think it was the PATB-3. It was kinda OK, but I wasn't impressed.

I eventually swapped it out for a Dimarzio Mo'Joe. Now that is a cool pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              I remember Joe pimpin' PATBs like Sully does Duncan Customs back in the day. I guess he got over them.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the input. Doing some customizing and I tend to leap before I look sometimes.
                Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

I had a PA distortion in a basswood Model 1 for years and loved it. Looking back it was great for leads but maybe a little muddy for chords, at least in that guitar.

Comment

I saw one go on ebay for £33. They must be good then.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      I remember Joe pimpin' PATBs like Sully does Duncan Customs back in the day. I guess he got over them.
                      Yep, I put a PATB2 in my RR1T... love it! It's pretty high output, but it actually pairs up pretty well with the Jazz in the neck. I'm interested in trying a PATB1 and a PATB3 Blues Saraceno model, too.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toejam, was considering the PATB2 for a SanDimas. I like the JB, just kind of shrill.

Comment

I had the PATB3 Blues Saraceno model in my Charvel Model 5. I hated it, can't remember why, though...lol. Sold that thing right away.
                          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

There are several "Parallel Axis" pickups that look the same but sound very different. I have the distortion one in a mahogany Ibanez RG520. I love that pickup, my favorite Duncan.

Comment

Working...
                            X