No announcement yet.

Just got back from Andy Timmons clinic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from Andy Timmons clinic!

Hey guys,
    If you all get a chance to check out Andy Timmons on his clinic tour for Mesa Boogie then whatever you do, DON'T MISS IT! It was an amazing evening! He played about 8 songs, answered questions, talked to everyone, signed whatever you wanted signed and was probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met let alone one of the best musicians! He's an awesome player and an awesome guy!

I'd love to hit one of those, must have been great. Did he do "Groove or Die"..."Electric Gypsy" ?

Did he have "the tone" working for him in that setting?
    Last edited by Larz; 09-10-2010, 07:08 AM.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

His tone was unbelieveable! He completely nailed his tone in that setting. He used the Lonestar for several songs then switched to the Stilleto and finally the Transatlantic. It was like watching his Resolution live DVD in person. The sound was that good! I can't remember the specific names of the songs but he played one from Extacey, several from That Was Then, This Is Now and a couple from Resolution. After it was over with he gave me a personal lesson on Headed For The Ditch! He was VERY cool! Here's some pics:

Comment

Andy Timmons is the fucking man, he came around my town a year or two ago and I didn't check out his clinic. I totally regret it now a days.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

+1, couldn't agree more! Saw him a month ago here in San Diego, had front row seats, and it was awesome! And FREE to boot!
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I went to one of his clinics several years ago. Super nice guy. I had the chance to talk to him for about 10 minutes after it was over. I wish he would come back to town.
            My Toys:
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
            '94 Dinky HX in Black
            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
            X