No announcement yet.

Coroner- Any love for these guys ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw them open for Nuclear Assault in 1991 and got to chat with Ron Royce. Nice guy and hell of a bassist. I have all their disks, and dig Mark's chops. I hope they re-form. They were a heavy influence on my early playing as a teen.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdozer View Post
      I hope they re-form. They were a heavy influence on my early playing as a teen.

See Post # 5

or did you?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh I saw it, but knowing how the scene works, till they hit the road it hasn't happened. I will just have to remain hopeful. I would love to see them again live after all these years. I wonder if Ron will have a mullet or if he will have shaved it off lol. He was looking like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror when I met him, Sans the hump of course.

Comment

I love these guys! I only like the "Mental Vortex" and "Grin" albums, the earlier ones are mediocre to me. Guitar player has some killer riffs. Saw'em in West Palm Beach back in the day.

Ethan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLfI1MnOyOo
          Last edited by ethan walker; 09-16-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, any more news of the reformation? Edit - found out they played Maryland Deathfest back in May, here's an interview & vid clip: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=158800
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm a fan. Yeah, some of their shit gets samey after a while but it's still better than 99% of contemporary metal.
              When they were good they were a match for anybody. Their best stuff is golden. You could probably get all their best shit together on one album that would be as good (or nearly) as anything the big 4 produced in their pomp.

For me they were up there with Exodus, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Forbidden, Overkill, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction... etc. On the periphery of greatness without that X factor to get them there amongst the greats. Should have been bigger than they were though.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Coroner is awesome and the most under-rated prog thrash band ever. I saw the live twice; once opening for Kreator in '89 and once again headling their own small tour a couple of years later, where the second time I actually met and got autographs from 2 of them walking around before the show.

I hope someday to see them again

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Hey guys, any more news of the reformation? Edit - found out they played Maryland Deathfest back in May, here's an interview & vid clip: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=158800
                  They still got chops on the vid. I always liked the solo breakdown in masked jackyl.

I liked their vids and bought a cassette back in the day. I just saw a friend of mine over the weekend who said he went to the MD Deathfest, but he didn't mention Coroner, though I didn't ask.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I think their best work was setting up Celtic Frost's gear.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                      I think their best work was setting up Celtic Frost's gear.
                      True, but very funny.
                      Underrated indeed. Saw them at the Maryland Death Fest this past May. Gotta say they were tight.

Comment

IMO! One of THE best metal bands to exist!

You guys always want to talk about "80's tone"..with much uber lame examples/gear..but have NO clue of bands such as this.

Shame really.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

In the day Coroner were much bigger idol for us then likes of Metallica etc. They were not exactly mainstream, but all playing musicians knew of them and were looking up. Then... they vanished

Comment

Working...
                          X