Opinions on Gus G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Gus G?

Hey, Dunno if this has been discussed before but what's everybodies opinion on Gus G? also pros and cons on the replacement of Zakk Wylde?

Thanks ^_^
    Mazz
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

I like Gus but what I have heard of the new Ozzy album I don't like at all.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Sounds to me (Let me hear you Scream) he is heavily influenced by Zakk Wylde, almost clone-like. I like him, definately a talent for sure. Can't say much else, as I'm not familliar with any other of his works yet.
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I have the Firewind stuff and really like his playing on that. Keep in mind he didn't write any of the material for the new Ozzy album except the solos. Everything else was written and recorded although they did let him go back and re-record all the guitar parts. I'd say that they told him how to play the stuff even though he was able to re-record it. If you want a good representation of Gus G then listen to the Firewind stuff and not the new Ozzy.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
          I have the Firewind stuff and really like his playing on that. Keep in mind he didn't write any of the material for the new Ozzy album except the solos. Everything else was written and recorded although they did let him go back and re-record all the guitar parts. I'd say that they told him how to play the stuff even though he was able to re-record it. If you want a good representation of Gus G then listen to the Firewind stuff and not the new Ozzy.
          I listened to some firewind earlier, I really like the guitar work on their stuff =]
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I heard him on Jimmy Kimmel and was really impressed. Great player and good choice for Ozzy.

Comment

I dont think he will last for long,sure he's a great player but imho Oz needs something else,not Kostas(Gus)
              Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

It will be interesting to see if he does another album with Ozzy where he can write the guitar parts. The good thing is that he isn't Zakk.

The Firewind stuff is very cool. The last album was very well done. Good stuff.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

He has a weird last name, but he's a playa.

I'm Interested to hear his interpretation on the Iommi/Rhoads/Jake/Zack classics.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post

on the Iommi/Rhoads/Jake/Zack classics.
                    LOLZ! One of these names doesn't belong/deserve to be in the same sentence!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was reading the August guitar world with interviews with him and Ozzy. Ozzy mentioned he fired Zakk because he was drinking too much.

How much do you have to drink for Ozzy fucking Osbourne to point his finger at you and call you a drunk?!?
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My buddy bought the new Ozzy and we were listening to it in my car on the way home from Best Buy. We kept skipping to the next song hoping to hear something good. I heard nothing but suckage. Glad I wasn't the one who bought it.

But the blame does not fall on Gus. He's an excellent guitarist. He played exactly what he was told/paid to play.
                        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          I was reading the August guitar world with interviews with him and Ozzy. Ozzy mentioned he fired Zakk because he was drinking too much.

How much do you have to drink for Ozzy fucking Osbourne to point his finger at you and call you a drunk?!?
                          Probably as much as it would take to get kicked out of early Metallica for the same

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                            Probably as much as it would take to get kicked out of early Metallica for the same
                            You'd think Dave Mustaine would still be bitter about that....oh wait....

Comment

Why? Was he in Metallica then?
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X