Phil Collen in new Guitar World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Collen in new Guitar World

There is a nice writeup on his touring set list and setup. Good shot of "Dread" and some cool stuff.

Also the solo for "Photograph" is one of the CDROM features.

Just throwing that out for your perusal.

Well, it's the end of september. That would make it the December issue right?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Whats on the cover?
      www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Jerry cantrell
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks, I will see if copies are still on the shelf today.
          www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

It's an interesting little feature. Talks about his PC-1's. There's a shot of that other Jackson with the reverse headstock and the green tribal-ish graphic too. Says that any time he picks up something other than his PC-1 it "feels like shit".

Apparently has 2 he goes to, a solar he calls "Soul-ah" and one that he doesn't talk about.

Also check out the Mustaine interview. Pretty funny. Even when he's not being a dick, he's being a dick. Love the guy.

One thing that pisses me off about subscribing to Guitar World- You don't get the effing CD's. What a bunch of crap.

Comment

That CD's shit.

The Collen's "tribal" graphic is actually a Predator graphic.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

I subscribed and I got the CDs. You have to choose the subscription when it starts. The CD sub costs more but is well worth it to me.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. Always like Phil's playing, and his guitars. Wish Jackson made an affordable version of his archtop.

Comment

Hmmmm.....so what is the guitar that phil dont talk about? is it a PC1??? why dont he talk about it? is it a non jackson?
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

He did talk about it. There's an interview on the Jackson site with Phil where he talks about it. He described it as a PC1 with a sustainor and one humbucker. But it sure looks like a rev Dinky to me.

I do wish they made this a production model, as I love the Sustainor and never use my middle pickup anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X