No announcement yet.

Project pics! Soldano Clone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only come across a couple of SLO clones and although they all sounded good, they definitely weren't spot on. It's my understanding that its all in the trannies.

Comment

Zeeg i agree. The SLOClone has to be one of the most if not the most documented high gain 100Watt amp project there is.
      Well i am not sure how good a online-only seminar would be. Bruce Egnater surely inspects all amps before fireing up and that wouldn't be possible with a online seminar. The level of support just is much better when being in the same room. I wouldn't like to be an online seminar instructor only to find out that one of the participants zapped himself because he didn't wire the safety ground probably and i didn't caught it by some pics he send ( or maybe no pics at all).

Rupe that's pretty much also what i think about the SLOClones. Great sounding amps and they are in the vein of the original. But if you want a 100% SLO100 sounding amp, it's time to buy the real thing.
      There are quite some people on the SLOClone forum that tweaked their clones to their tastes which then differs to the circuit of the original. That's a very nice point of a selfbuilt amp.

Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I have a set of 1979 Marshall 100 watt trannies that I'll build into something. Parts wise I need the chassis and the head box, but time wise, I have zero.

Comment

Nice work on the cab.... the green looks cool too bad about the marker.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
            This is actually my first endeavor into amp building. Everyone probably thinks I'm a moron for trying something like this my first time, but fuck it, I'm having fun. :ROTF:
            Oh i'd imagine thats not safe. Hopefully it sounds good and you come out if it fine. Surely you work with electronics though in your life. Good luck.
            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
              Oh i'd imagine thats not safe. Hopefully it sounds good and you come out if it fine. Surely you work with electronics though in your life. Good luck.
              Well, I don't work in electronics for a job, but I've been working with electronics in a hobby capacity since I was a kid. It helps a lot that my dad is an electronics engineer too. I first learned to solder around age 8. To be honest, as long as you are careful and aware of what you're doing, there is very little chance you're gonna hurt yourself. However, it is possible, and if you don't know anything about electricity, it's best to stay away, or educate yourself first.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Once I move into my new place later this year and get settled down, I'll probably get started on the DIY amp thing as well.... I'll be starting small, hopefully I'll get to building a SLO clone soon

- Leo.

Comment

Zeeg

Totally bitchin! I LOVE the green tolex, I know your not working with it anymore, but I think you should stick with green!

I'd love to hear this when your done brother!

C

Comment

Working...
                  X