krank rev jr pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krank rev jr pro

have any of you seen of heard this little head? it's a 20 watt all tube head using 5881 in the power section, 2 channels, effects loop...MF has it for 599. i was thinking it might be cool for a living room amp....

also, when did james hetfield become a krank endorsee? i am not a metallica fanboy at all, but i thought i read in GW that he used his old boogie on the new album...

anyway, don't really care, i was just surprised....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I've wondered a while about this amp too. Surprisingly, havent found too many opinions on them. Krank rev's are supposedly a one trick pony. they can do Nu-metal and nothing else. Also, I think people soon realised that 20Watt does not mean 1/5th the volume of a 100 watter. Its still going to be pretty freakin loud before you can hit that sweet spot. Not at all suggested for your living room.
    Sam

Comment

hahahaha, i currently use a 100 watt rivera half stack in the living room and a vintage fender tremolux rig, so this will be pretty good - it's smaller!!!

i don't have any real close neighbors, so it doesn't matter about volume - but i WOULD like to take the half stack up to my rehearsal space and leave it there with the other big rivera stuff....you, know, get the living room "cleaner"
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        have any of you seen of heard this little head? it's a 20 watt all tube head using 5881 in the power section, 2 channels, effects loop...MF has it for 599. i was thinking it might be cool for a living room amp....

also, when did james hetfield become a krank endorsee? i am not a metallica fanboy at all, but i thought i read in GW that he used his old boogie on the new album...

anyway, don't really care, i was just surprised....
        I think the Rev JR Pro is just like the Rev Jr except it has a few extra controls for the Kleen channel? Thought that was the difference based on looking at the products descriptions earlier today. Want to try this and see how it compares to the Bugera 333xl 212 I tried this past weekend.
        Last edited by I Am Odin; 11-17-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X