Best Compressor/Sustainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Compressor/Sustainer

Just wondering what people are using for a Compressor/Sustainer? I am considering the MXR Super Comp:idea:. Does anyone have any experience with the product?

Thanks,

I use a Boss CS-3 pedal, which I modified with an upgrade kit from Monte Allums.

I'm satisfied with it. There's probably somethng better out there, but I'm not into 400.00 effect pedals.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

i use an alesis 3630 in my rack. i play stereo so i have a compressor for each side. it is sweet.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
        I use a Boss CS-3 pedal, which I modified with an upgrade kit from Monte Allums.

I'm satisfied with it. There's probably somethng better out there, but I'm not into 400.00 effect pedals.

- E.
        This is what I use as well and am also happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post

- E.
          This is what I use as well, with a vooDoo Lab 2+ to power it. It didnt seem like it made much difference when I 1st started using it, then as time went along I notice a WAY big difference.

Like someone else said there is probably a lot better out there but someone gave me this for free because they couldnt tell any difference with it on or off and thought it was useless

Comment

The MXR should be fine. They make pretty good solid stuff. Also, you won't go wrong with anything by Boss - again real solid stuff. I always like the theory of less is more and really like simple design pedals. My favorite studio compressor is still the small half rack space dbx with the single slider. Very simple and very effective.

Comment

Working...
            X