Rebuilding my old Crate G-1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding my old Crate G-1500

Ok I just asked about the V33 head I know. This is something completely different.

I have an old Crate G1500 Solid State head that I got used and just never worked right....but now its really in bad shape.

I need help with this thing. I've got power going to everywhere it should.

I need new pots (potentiometers), but not sure which ones to get. Are they all the same??
    Do some have different valeus to them?? I also need a new switch for bright....a new switch to change from channel A to B.

Basically any and all parts that move, I need new (better quality than what was stock).

any ideas as to where to get this kind of stuff?

Any ideas..or should I just scrap it?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Have you tried cleaning the pots and switches with contact cleaner? Its the little spray can with the red tube on the nozzle that you can buy at radio shack. Its called tuner cleaner too. My marshall lead 20 amp was in bad shape with horrible pots and switches after sitting for a long period of time. I hit up all the switches and pots with this stuff and now all is good as new. Ive done this for guitar pots too. Its great stuff. You want to spray it into the inner workings of the pot/switch and work it back and forth for a while. Good luck.

Comment

It would be cheaper to buy one of the V32 than fix a bad SS amp.

Comment

Working...
      X