Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So 900s sound shrill, thin, and harsh do they? CLIP INSIDE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, fat, thick tone you got there, Zeegler!

I gave a listen to all seven of those sound clips. A major part of your sound, {or anyone's sound for that matter,} definitely comes from your fingers. You can hear it in all the sound clips.

I presume the JCM 900 wasn't used in those clips earlier than the one you posted in this thread. What was your rig before the 900, and did you use the SD-1, {I know it's a distortion or boost pedal of some sort, but I'm not familiar with it?!?!?!??} with the earlier rig?

That tune, "Explode," has a cool, old school vibe to it. I can totally hear "Lemmy" doing it justice in his usual unmistakable Motorhead style! Good tune.
    G.

Comment

Originally posted by GinSonic View Post
      Nice, fat, thick tone you got there, Zeegler!

I gave a listen to all seven of those sound clips. A major part of your sound, {or anyone's sound for that matter,} definitely comes from your fingers. You can hear it in all the sound clips.

I presume the JCM 900 wasn't used in those clips earlier than the one you posted in this thread. What was your rig before the 900, and did you use the SD-1, {I know it's a distortion or boost pedal of some sort, but I'm not familiar with it?!?!?!??} with the earlier rig?

That tune, "Explode," has a cool, old school vibe to it. I can totally hear "Lemmy" doing it justice in his usual unmistakable Motorhead style! Good tune.
      G.
      The other clips were all done with my B-52 AT-100. I was using the SD-1 with it, but only as a clean boost.

Explode was an original song from my old band. It was actually recorded at a studio, but the guy who mixed it was a hack who had no clue how to record guitars properly, and wouldn't make changes we asked for. The guitars sound thin and buzzy. It's the B-52 and a Mesa Stiletto.

Thanks for the comments.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
      X