Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn...this young man, knows his effects!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
    Thanks for posting that Robert, you have good taste
    Well, i wouldnt say that...(there was that underwear thing...)

Comment

Y'know EJ put out his first album in '79. I saw EJ three times. Once in '88 which was awesome. Then again in '91 which was awesome..then when he switched to that hollow body Red Gibson..and I thought it was so fuggin' lame after that. VI completely blew chunks, and he didn't fit in at all in G3..that's was terrible. But I do enjoy his first three SW/Tones and AVM. But that's almost 20 years cold. All my freinds learned cliffs of dover, and I played bass for them. COD was his best song IMO. EJ's tone is good for EJ but it wouldn't work out that well for alot of us...just like YJM. I wouldn't want that tone at all!!! You may as well hand me a fuggin' tuba.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

His clean tone was God like, but when he kicked in the OD pedals, I'll admit he lost me there. The fuzz thing was not happening, but the clean was soo damn good. I would love to been in that room and heard it. It was in stereo right? Wonder what he does for all the capacitence in his cable? I thought he would have had some sort of buffer for that....
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

EJ's tone is perfect for EJ..he sounds great with it.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

fuck, I have trouble loading this vid... can't see it

EJ definetly has one of my fav. tones.

Not much high end, very middy and bassy. Sort of attackless tone, warm and mushy. He makes it sound really good because his tremendous feel and tone from his fingers. He makes it sound like a violin. Some usual shredder would sound like shit with it because he would probably just automatically fly through millions of notes in a second, and this warm tone without much definition and articulation makes it sound like a mess, but EJ makes every note count, even in his really fast lines he makes sure that every note is played with that violin-like tone and feel.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks guys...Now I'm GASsing for a fender twin and switcher....This site is costing me money.
              www.JerryRobison.com
              '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

$442 dolllars to be exact. 1977 twin reverb, cleanest I 've ever seen . Just need another switcher now, and speakers for my 4x12. Thanks again guys....Wife will kill
                www.JerryRobison.com
                '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

wow!!! sweet! lots and lots of effects there.

Comment

he is awesome, but he as is boring to listen to speak as he is to see live (with his giant headphones as he stands in one place all night.)

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                      Thanks guys...Now I'm GASsing for a fender twin and switcher....This site is costing me money.
                      No shit, same here. I just bought an Eric Johnson Strat because of this. Thanks a lot, Robert. My wife is going to hunt you down and throttle you when FedEx arrives and I blame it all on this thread. Here's what you're gonna see in your rear view mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                        No shit, same here. I just bought an Eric Johnson Strat because of this. Thanks a lot, Robert. My wife is going to hunt you down and throttle you when FedEx arrives and I blame it all on this thread. Here's what you're gonna see in your rear view mirror.
                        Shit...now im constantly looking over my shoulder!!

Comment

Working...
                        X