Carvin Legacy Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great review, worth the wait!

Since the other guitar player in your band has the V3, can you comment on how close that can get to the Legacy tone?

I love the sound of the Legacy, but the versatility of the V3 and the additional channel is very tempting.

Comment

Great review jg, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
        Great review, worth the wait!

Since the other guitar player in your band has the V3, can you comment on how close that can get to the Legacy tone?

I love the sound of the Legacy, but the versatility of the V3 and the additional channel is very tempting.
        The V3 can pretty much nail the Legacy tone.
        The V3 is the best all around rock/metal amp Carvin has ever produced.
        If I had my choice... and I do... I would chose the Legacy over the V3 for only 2 reasons. Reverb (I love onboard reverb) and the footswitch. I can't stand the footswitch layout that the V3 has. What were they thinking??
        Besides that.. they are both great amps. For versatility if you are in a blues/rock/metal cover band... the V3 wins hands down. It can do just about any tone and its REALLY loud just like the Legacy.

Comment

One last thing regarding both the V3 and the Legacy, they record extremely well.

Comment

Great Review.

I have a Legacy and would agree with your assessment. I run and DS1 and Wah out front with an eq. and delay in the loop. I set the eq to a mild scoop the mids and drop low mids (200 -250 Khz). This really cleans up the muddiness in the distortion.

The amp is incredibly loud. I run it in the 50watt mode, with an attenuator. While I can get good tone at living room levels, this amp just sound better and better the more you can open up the volume. I can not overstate how loud this amp is!

Comment

Awsome Review

Comment

Working...
              X