New Toys Coming!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    so popping a $50 stomp box in front of the Uber adds $500 to your tone?? Fantastic!!
    Oops, I typo'd. Should have been $3050 tone. $3550 Err, umm, thats including shipping and any taxes if you live abroad, yeah yeah thats it
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      I keep the Master volume at 100% and use the G-Makor's output for my volume control. The tone is much more focused and crisp. I almost have enough gain @ 12:00. To my ears and feels..there seems to be a G-spot at 12:00 or Maxed. I can't seem to find a happy medium from "crisp" to "growl". Now I'm thinking of trying a stomp box. I can see it sounding good where I have it. I've had TS-9, OD-1, DS-1, MZ ect, and know they make squeals, divebombs and shredding a breeze. The reason they make amps seem more focused is because it cuts lows and highs, narrowing the frequency range..But if it works..fuggit. I'll give it a try.

* ALL cabs are Marshall 1960 w/ GT-75s I'm pretty happy..
      12:00-12:30 is about where I run my gain on the Uber. I never tried a distortion pedal in front of it even though I have a couple of them. I will be trying the stomps on my Marshall head but not the Uber. I still have the stock tubes in my Uber btw, the cab is a Bogner which I picked up used with no speakers then loaded it with British made Greenbacks. My Marshall cabs have the GT-75's in them. I still want an Uberkab to try with my Bogner. Which stomp are you thinking of trying with your Uber Bill?
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Heres where my jsx love comes in

I have that massive girthy chug on the ultra channel, and the tight focussed shred sound with the boosted crunch channel. Sure, neither are uber or jmp class, but they sounds good and I'm rockin' it, stoked

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
          Oops, I typo'd. Should have been $3050 tone. $3550 Err, umm, thats including shipping and any taxes if you live abroad, yeah yeah thats it

I imagine mojo must be a bitch to ship too
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

I imagine mojo must be a bitch to ship too
            Of course, cause all my stuff is "one of the good ones, not the junk you see everywhere now"
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              12:00-12:30 is about where I run my gain on the Uber. I never tried a distortion pedal in front of it even though I have a couple of them. I will be trying the stomps on my Marshall head but not the Uber. I still have the stock tubes in my Uber btw, the cab is a Bogner which I picked up used with no speakers then loaded it with British made Greenbacks. My Marshall cabs have the GT-75's in them. I still want an Uberkab to try with my Bogner. Which stomp are you thinking of trying with your Uber Bill?

Hey Rudy..John's friend mods various stomps such as TS-9, SD-1 and ect. My friend Paul is in three bands and swears by Mark's modded pedal. He also favors a Maxon 808 or whatever their improved version of the TS9 is..but they cost about about 2 bills. Mark and John must stop over with a bag of stomps and check out my tone..LOUD with drums of course!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                Heres where my jsx love comes in

I have that massive girthy chug on the ultra channel, and the tight focussed shred sound with the boosted crunch channel. Sure, neither are uber or jmp class, but they sounds good and I'm rockin' it, stoked

I really love playing the JSX and JVM at GC! My bud in Beyond Fear (GC manger) always "encourages" me. You never wanna encourage the Bill Z Bub..mayhem will ensue!!!

I wish I could try both at home with my kid on drums. He's an animal..well, he's my son!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You liked the JVM, Bill? I went around with a buddy of mine testing out new amps the other day. I didn't really feel like the JVM had enough gain. Maybe something was wrong with the amp, or the way we were setting it up? Pretty sure the gain was on full though.

He ended up buying a Dual Recto.

Comment

JVM has a massive amount of gain, red setting channel 4 from memory, absolute chug mayhem!

I was gonna recommend the maxon 808 billz, I've read its the exact same thing as this ts-10 classic I use (mine has the 4558 chip in it). That saved me the $250 or whatever they were here at the time, was keen to go grab one, thought I better see what the old man has hiding in his 'guest' room (gotta be over 50 pedals by now ) But modded ts's are even more usable!

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                      You liked the JVM, Bill? I went around with a buddy of mine testing out new amps the other day. I didn't really feel like the JVM had enough gain. Maybe something was wrong with the amp, or the way we were setting it up? Pretty sure the gain was on full though.

He ended up buying a Dual Recto.
                      Really man..The JVM has gobs of smooth, focused gain..enough for absolutely anything. More usable gain than any recto IMO. I bought the first series Recto in '91..I didn't like it and still don't. Others do very well with them. To me, they always sounded saggy, and buzzy..especially buzzy. I think your bud fucked up!

Comment

Hmmm, the JVM we tested had as much (or as little) gain maxed out as the 30th anniversary Marshall (which had a magnificent overdrive sound!)... maybe that one was fucked.

Comment

Yes, I had a '92 Marshall blue anniversay 6100..yes, that JVM you tried was broken or something. Are you sure you were in the right channel? It has MUCH more gain and girth than that amp. I actually traded that amp for my Recto..that was early '92 then. The 6100 sounded nice at that time but I prefered my JCM 800 2210s over that and my Marshall rack over those, none requires stomps. The only Marshall I've heard other than my rack that I really like is the JVM. I'm used to alot of gain..I dimed the gain on the Uberschall for six years. You can't get anymore usable gain than that! Nothing even comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Hey Rudy..John's friend mods various stomps such as TS-9, SD-1 and ect. My friend Paul is in three bands and swears by Mark's modded pedal. He also favors a Maxon 808 or whatever their improved version of the TS9 is..but they cost about about 2 bills. Mark and John must stop over with a bag of stomps and check out my tone..LOUD with drums of course!!
                            Maxon makes really nice stuff. True Bypass on everything I believe. Is your friend Paul running any of these stomps with an Uber? What amps is he using. And more importantly, why the hell is he in 3 bands and I have trouble with one?
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X