Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah, y'all just need a Herbert

Comment

Rudy is preaching to the choir..The Uber is the best head I ever owned. But you should hear two 100 watt full Marshall stacks in stereo. Its not like any Marshall I've ever owned. I owned many..MANY!

The volume at 9:00 will make your teeth hurt.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

1 Marshall alone with no band sounds good
        1 Marshall with a band sound great
        2 Marshalls with a band sound incredible.
        Marshalls sound better in numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
          nah, y'all just need a Herbert
          Those are nice too but I still prefer the Bogner
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Rudy is preaching to the choir..The Uber is the best head I ever owned. But you should hear two 100 watt full Marshall stacks in stereo. Its not like any Marshall I've ever owned. I owned many..MANY!

The volume at 9:00 will make your teeth hurt.
            I don't doubt the power of the Marshall at all, the ones I have owned have been non-master volume heads and basically the lowest setting is LOUD and then you just go up from there Not only can it make your teeth hurt but also it can extract them for you too Still, that Uber gain channel is simply
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

..that's for sure.

Yeah, I don't play clean stuff at all. As far as my needs, the Uber could be a one channel amp..I roll back the guitar's volume to clean things up. Its weird I can play just as well with the gain cut to around 10:00 to 12:00 ..which is definitely better for classic rock tones. But , I'm a full on original metal player. I prefer dimining the gain of the Uber..its the only way I achieve this "growl"..which I love most about the Uber. If I roll back the gain just a tad, it does tighten up a little, but I lose that "growl" ..the trade off isn't worth it. No, I'm not going to roll back the gain and use a stomp to tighten things up..no way. Like I've always said, If I need a $50 stomp for my $3000 high gain amp..I bought the wrong amp. Some frown that the JMP-1 has diode clipping..just as Marshall 2210s, Rectos, and ect does. But yet use external EQs, active onboard preamps, stomps and ect in the signal path of their high end, all tube stuff..so.

I'm certainly not raggin' on 'em. You gotta use what works..just sayin'.

With the Marshall and Uber ..I'm covered. What more can I ask for. They sound amazing together.

I'm going to try the JVM again today..that amp definitely has my interest. Of course I go right the the high gain channel..what else?

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

..that's for sure.

Yeah, I don't play clean stuff at all. As far as my needs, the Uber could be a one channel amp..I roll back the guitar's volume to clean things up. Its weird I can play just as well with the gain cut to around 10:00 to 12:00 ..which is definitely better for classic rock tones. But , I'm a full on original metal player. I prefer dimining the gain of the Uber..its the only way I achieve this "growl"..which I love most about the Uber. If I roll back the gain just a tad, it does tighten up a little, but I lose that "growl" ..the trade off isn't worth it. No, I'm not going to roll back the gain and use a stomp to tighten things up..no way. Like I've always said, If I need a $50 stomp for my $3000 high gain amp..I bought the wrong amp. Some frown that the JMP-1 has diode clipping..just as Marshall 2210s, Rectos, and ect does. But yet use external EQs, active onboard preamps, stomps and ect in the signal path of their high end, all tube stuff..so.

I'm certainly not raggin' on 'em. You gotta use what works..just sayin'.

With the Marshall and Uber ..I'm covered. What more can I ask for. They sound amazing together.

I'm going to try the JVM again today..that amp definitely has my interest. Of course I go right the the high gain channel..what else?
                Although I don't use a stomp for distortion on the Uber, because it doesn't need it, I have nothing against running a distortion stomp box in front of an amp if thats what gets me killer tone. Instead of thinking of it as a $3000 amp and a $50 stomp I tend to think of it as $3550 tone But again, the Uber doesn't need it
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Another toy to go with the 9200:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/886568522.html

Now looking for a Marshall JFX multi effects rack unit and I am pretty much done

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    Although I don't use a stomp for distortion on the Uber, because it doesn't need it, I have nothing against running a distortion stomp box in front of an amp if thats what gets me killer tone. Instead of thinking of it as a $3000 amp and a $50 stomp I tend to think of it as $3550 tone But again, the Uber doesn't need it
                    so popping a $50 stomp box in front of the Uber adds $500 to your tone?? Fantastic!!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Metal Mike Chlasciak (Halford/Pain museum) used a JMP-1 and Marshall Monoblock w/EL34 on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down. Roy Z produced it of course. Its Roy Z's amp of choice for some time ..including his solo stuff, Judas Priest, Halford, Maiden. Baz's "Angel Down" is out soon with Metal Mike Chlasiack, Bobby Jarzombek, and awesome bassist Steve DiGiorgio. I assume it'll sound pretty "heavy with that line up!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        so popping a $50 stomp box in front of the Uber adds $500 to your tone?? Fantastic!!
                        I caught that too, but I fuck up all the time..so..

I fucked with with tubes in the Uber all day. I put the stock JJ 12ax7s back in. Wow, now its confirmed why I hate them in the Bogner. There's much less output, gain, and low end with the JJ. But most important that obnoxious low midrange "honk" at high volume levels returned, and it can't be dialed out. I don't know why Bogner insisted using JJ's. Putting a tung sol in the V1 position did made a noticeable change with the other JJ's. It gave a little more gain, low end and warmed up the tone nicely, but not good enough. So, I added another in the V2, and didn't notice any difference..so I kept adding Tung Sols until I got my sound back! Oh, for shits and giggles I put a Sovtek 12ax7 in the V1 and it sounded a tad thiner than the JJ..if any at all. Maybe it was my imagination. At loud volumes I'd never know the difference. I'm wanting to try the JJ's and Tung Sols in the JMP-1. I assume they would be an improvement, but the Marshall came stock with the Sovteks, and I liked the tone from day one. The Bogner comes stock with the JJs, so you never know. The Bogner w JJ's sound pretty good untill you crank the amp to band levels. It seems I get unwanted poweramp coloration and compression. I want the exact preamp sound I dial in at moderate levels. That's what I LOVE about the JMP-1/9200..the tone you dial in at low levels doesn't change when loud levels. I guess there's enough headroom on tap using both 100 watt sides that allow me to be loud without pushing the 5881 that hard. Anything past 10:00 on the JMP-1's output level is painful, with both 9200 volume controls maxed (The only way to run it!) . I assume this is why the Marshall's tone is unchanging and consistant.

With new found love for my Marshall. I dialed in the Bogner from scratch. At the moment I'm running the Gain exactly @ 12:00, and the Bass is cut @ 11:00, Mid @ 9:00, Treble just backed off a tad from maxed, Presence @ 9:00, The (dirty) Channel Volume is @ exactly 12:00 which clips the input of the G Major perfectly. I keep the Master volume at 100% and use the G-Makor's output for my volume control. The tone is much more focused and crisp. I almost have enough gain @ 12:00. To my ears and feels..there seems to be a G-spot at 12:00 or Maxed. I can't seem to find a happy medium from "crisp" to "growl". Now I'm thinking of trying a stomp box. I can see it sounding good where I have it. I've had TS-9, OD-1, DS-1, MZ ect, and know they make squeals, divebombs and shredding a breeze. The reason they make amps seem more focused is because it cuts lows and highs, narrowing the frequency range..But if it works..fuggit. I'll give it a try.

* ALL cabs are Marshall 1960 w/ GT-75s

I'm pretty happy..

Comment

Metal Mike Chlasciak (Halford/Pain museum) used a JMP-1 and Marshall Monoblock w/EL34 on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down. Roy Z produced it of course. Its Roy Z's amp of choice for some time ..including his solo stuff, Judas Priest, Halford, Maiden. Baz's "Angel Down" is out soon with Metal Mike Chlasiack, Bobby Jarzombek, and awesome bassist Steve DiGiorgio. I assume it'll sound pretty "heavy with that line up!
                          dude that album came out last year

some shitty sounding youtube versions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_iBfD-usiM

this is the one that Axl wrote
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQllgOnSro

I saw 'em on tour this summer... total mayhem... it was fuggin' awesome
                          Last edited by Endrik; 10-23-2008, 02:42 AM.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

E..I'm always last to get the fuggin' memo..

'Stuck Inside' sounds like it could be off Fight "small deadly space", actually a very similar riff is. I hear Steve D sliding around on his fretless. He always did that, and Tony Franklin. Tthat's what I would do on a fretless..its fun.

Comment

I always thought it was very cool how Bob Rock made Tony Franklin's fretless really loud on the Blue Murder's debut album... and even though it had the best guitar tone ever in my opinion... it wasn't dominating the mix... very cool. I always loved a loud rhythm section.

btw.Metal Mike wrote a review of the show I went to http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=98816
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah..That had to be cool as fuck in Estonia. I'd love to visit that part of the earth sometime!!! I saw Metal Mike with Halford with Roy Z on the other side. Testament also played that night but they had Steve Smythe and Eric Peterson. Everyone including Halford was plagued with sound problems. Except Primal Fear..who were crystal clear. I have a couple of Metal Mike old solo cds. He fast and kinda sloppy..kinda like me.

Yeah, I was listening to BM and Sykes' solo 21st century. As loud as Tony and Carmine are. Everyone sits in the mix perfectly. That was a loud cd for its time (1989)..Tony Franklin always has his mids pumped , so you can't miss him. I remember hearing him first with The Firm..no, you can't miss him.

Comment

Working...
                                X