Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube 30 fan here.

Comment

I had a cube 30 for quite a few years. I just replaced it with a Vypyr 30. I also had a Vox AD30Vt. It always sounded like a blanket was put over it. The Vypyr is really a great practice amp. I would choose it over the roland now for sound. As far as reliability, the jury is still out.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

another vote for cube 30
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Egnater Rebel 20. Goes from 1 watt to 20 watts - clean to scream - it's on my wish list. $600, all tubes, what else can you ask for?

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I've been searching for a sub $200 modelling amp to practice with.

I currently have a POD 2.0 with headphones, but I want something with a speaker to noodle with.

Is the Cube 30 still the best?

I tried a Vox AD30VT and liked it. The XL has more high gain models and a 12" vs. 10" speaker, but I liked more of the preset tones with the non-XL amp.

The Egnater Rebel 20 sounds great, but too much cash at the moment, and you'd need a cab as well.

The Epiphone seems good but a one trick pony, and it's a loud 5 watts.

Since I already have a POD, I was thinking of getting something non-Line 6 - to have some variety. I'd like the new amp to be compatible with the POD (sound good when using the line in).

So I guess I need to try a Cube, the Vyper, and anything else in the $200 range?

Comment

Fender Pro Jr.

Comment

Cube 30 check out first...then if you like some drums and backing bass..
                check out the Fender GDec 30 watt amp. Very cool also

Comment

tech 21, fender gdec, fender super champ xd, peavey vyper, roland cube are all worth checking out.

Comment

+1 Roland Cube

Comment

The Roland Cube seems to get a lot of votes, but I have yet to try one.

I have a POD, I've tried the Vox and liked it.

How is the Cube different in tone than these two? What will I notice when I try one out?

Comment

The Cube walks all over the POD.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i just picked up a rivera pubster 25 for a practice amp. i like it. 2 channels, all tube, reverb, 10" speaker with a 6V6 power tube. nice tone at reasonalbe volume.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            The Cube walks all over the POD.
                            Except for the fact that if you wanna travel LIGHT with it, you can't. The POD wins for portability. Yes you need headphones, and yes it's not going to sound like the raging 100W stacks it tries to "model", but it's better sound than those old Arion HotWatt things
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, the OP mentioned nothing of portability, my Southern friend!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You say it walks all over the POD. How? I'm using a POD right now with headphones, but I'm tired of using headphones.

I need to keep the volume low in the apartment. Got the DSL100 1/2 stack at home.

I will say I really like the tones I get out of the POD with headphones.

How does the Cube compare to the Vox?

Comment

Working...
                                X