No announcement yet.

YAY! I am finally the Owner of a Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want more sustain keep it in Class-A mode and turn the power amp up more than you would in simul-class (at least 1/3 of the way up). Make sure the drive in the pre-amp is 7 or higher. If the power amp is not up a ways it will sound thin which is why you want to use Class A mode.

Comment

cookieMonster2 you da man, I threw in a fresh pair of JJ EL34's and switched over to Class A, turned the volume (first on the left) up to 8, the master up to 4 and got more than enough gain with the lead drive at 7. thank god I have a hotplate because even with the master at 4 and the lead master at 3 in Class A this sucker is loud.

Ok I see what you guys were talking about , I won't need a boost in front of this thing, I was just getting some real nice singing lead tones today with plenty of sustain.
      man when people say these controls are sensitive they aren't joking.
      I don't know how people can say R2 is "marshally" I don't get that vide at all.
      Last edited by kmanick; 09-28-2008, 01:50 PM.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Wow..I had THAT amp a long time ago. I used to nail Gary Moore's "corridoors of power" with that thing!! That head had alot of low end and gain for that time. I owned amp from '89 - '92. I liked it much better than my new Dual Recto at that time. The only reason I got rid of it is because there was a little bit of "sag" to it for rymthms and not as tight as a Marshall, Soldano or even a 5150 for example. I wish I could play with one now.

Congrats Nick, I know you'll get a good tone from it..post something when you do.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill you'd love the way I have this thing dialed in right now. It sounds like a tighter crisper fizz free version of my Rectoverb.
          I was just doing a little whitesnake "Crying in the Rain" jam and damn I was real close that that "Sykes" tone.
          Now I'm starting to see why those Mark IIC+'s are so in demand.
          Last edited by kmanick; 09-28-2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

one of the stupidest things i ever did was sell my blue stripe, all class A 6L6, Mark III.

oh yeah, now you need and old boogie half back cab. that'll really open her right up. you think you like that amp now... hehheh.
            Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 09-28-2008, 06:28 PM.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

My Recto Cab has V30's in it and my Avatar cab has C90's in it.
              is that the combination of speakers they used in those cabs or did those have the old EVM black shadows in them?

Comment

Clean boost in front really makes a MkIII sing. Comp/limiter in the loop can help with volume issues. Best speakers (imo) are a v30/ev combo.
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                X