No announcement yet.

Solo boost..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya im already running an eq, so i think ill go the clean boost pedal route! Another friend of mine recommended an Ibanez tube screamer.
    I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      Lil Alligator volume pedal in the loop. This way I can have solo boost and I can vary the boost for fills. It doesn't color my sound at all and its completely silent.
      +1, works great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_C View Post
        If you've got an older amp that you can't do the EQ trick on, a Treble Booster can be very effective. There a number of decent ones out there, pretty much all clones of the Dallas Arbiter Rangemaster.

That will work to a point in a 1 guitar band but when you need to jump out in front of a live and loud metal mix in a 2 guitar band doing the EQ thing doesn't work. You need full fledged DB's.

Comment

I used to use an MXR "Micro Amp" pedal.
          http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...cts/pip&id=253

Worked fine for me.

Comment

Robert Keeley "Katana"! Just awesome!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Do you use any effects? I use delay on all my solos, and have the level control at about 1:00 on a Boss DD-2 that is just right for a boost.
              sigpic

Comment

i have an eq in the loop but i also have an eq infront which works well for me. i noticed others said it wont work infront. maybe its the fact that i have an eq in the loop which makes it work.

- oh yeah i'm boosting the mid and highs on the eq infront. its goin eq1-blue voodoo-loop sonic stomp and eq2-back in.
                Last edited by jdr94; 09-09-2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X