X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck you, Toejam.

Comment

LOL
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

well i have an ibanez sm9 OD but HATE IT i just cant wait till its gone i want a seymour duncan pickup booster...

and it has been checked out, but not repaired, he did a diagnostic on it and said on the papers "caps blown, problem with master volume"

and i KNOW this is REAL NICE tube amp, and i feel lucky i came across it! i got it, in a trade. the guy i got it from thought it didnt turn on... well he is stupid, he didnt see the switch was in the back. all i gave himfor it was a stupid boss gt-8 LOL worth it?

i also have apeavey vk212 but i dont much like it, when this ones repaired im gonna trade the vk212 for something nice that i will LIKE like maybe some rackmounted lexicon stuff? idk but i love this amp, the cab sounds great too
        Jackson/Charvel. Mesa/Boogie. MXR. Dunlop. Seymour Duncan. Any questions..???

Comment

oh and are ruby tubes any good? im a tube-noob so i dont really know, i just need alot of gain and sustain. look i just made 2 rhymes.!

Comment

Originally posted by rickydekker View Post
            oh and are ruby tubes any good? im a tube-noob so i dont really know, i just need alot of gain and sustain. look i just made 2 rhymes.!

I've never used them myself, but a lot of people like them. I usually go with JJ/teslas myself.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

do these have effects loops? put a pedal in the loop like an eq or an overdrive and that will add much more gain too. it will be more saturated than just putting either in the front. the eq such as a parametric will also be able to dial in the frequency needed to get more crunch and depth to the gain.... or you could just slam the front end as others have stated. try both...

Comment

i have a mxr ten band eq and the amp has an effects loop.

when i get it repaired, fully, ill re-tube it with the highest gain jj/tesla's i can find, and have it biased, and get rid of my ibanez sm-9 super metal [a rare pedal but i dont like it] and get a duncan puckup booster... that should work out for me...

i wish i had a mesa/boogie mark IV

Comment

You can't turn that amp into a MK IV. It's not voiced to be a Mesa, and you cannot turn it into one. Period. You'll get a good boosted Marshall/Laney sound at best, regardless of what tubes you put in. Be prepared to NOT be blown away with what you get after a tube change. Seriously - find a good OD/Dist pedal, and put in a good rounded set of tubes. It'll get you a lot farther. Those amps will get very noisy with hi-gain preamp tubes. Keep in mind the preamp is where it happens unless you're able to have it loud enough to get the power tubes humming really good. Invest in a good pedal. Better money spent than on really expensive tubes.

Comment

I wanna see the ref 50!!!
                    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Working...
                    X