• Time
  • Show
Clear All

line 6 DL4
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

This is not a pedal but it was by far the best sounding delay/echo unit I've ever heard or owned. I have been sorry since I sold it. I don't think many people knew about them at that time or now.

Chandler digital echo w/ high cut. I've heard many tape simulators but none nearly as quiet or warm sounding as this one.

Eric Johnson and Satriani used these around '90.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a boss DD-20 Gigadelay, MXR carbon copy, and a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo...

Enough delay?

When I've been slimmer on gear I've always kept the Boss. It does a decent analog sound and an "ok" tape echo.

The MXR was an unintended buy... I heard one, played it, and walked out with it. It does a great analog slapback. You've got to be careful how many MXR pedals you run though, as they all suck tone, so if you've already got the Phase90 (essential) or the MXR flanger (great too) then I would pass on it for a true bypass.

The TTE is the most money I've spent on a guitar effect. It's hummy, noisy, won't work well in a loop, fidgety, compromises your sound (no true bypass) and hot damn... it sounds excellent, like only a tape echo can do.

Comment

Originally posted by randyrhoadsguitar View Post
          It's not a pedal, but the Roland RE-201 Space Echo is the best delay box ever. Anyone who has one or used one knows. Randy Rhoads even had one. (there is also a Boss pedal version of it). Both are quite expensive though.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
          I just got one of those new Boss Roland Space Echo delay pedals and it is an excellent delay! Give you a sound on sound like the original Space echo that used a tape. Very cool pedal!

Comment

"The Roland RE-201 Space Echo is the best delay box ever"

as well as the grey tube Echoplex..I had both. Yep they sound fantastic. But noisey as hell and they fucked up alot!

The Chandler sounds excatly like those in a digital rack..Other than being quiet ..you could hard tell the difference. That was '90 and '91..the first one I came across that duplicate the sound and feel of those tape units. I'm sure there's alot of stomps that capture that sound these days. But I'm pretty set with my G Major and JFX-1 for delay. I don't use nearly as much delay as I use to these days.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Even though it is not a pedal, the Korg SDD-3000 is what the Edge lives off of....
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
              X